1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets as good as their record indicates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andrew Wiggins, Nov 14, 2014.

?

Are the Rockets as goood as their record indicates?

1. Yes.

158 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. No.

98 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. mig0s

mig0s Member

I dunno why Byron Scott keeps playing Kobe

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

oops wrong thread lol

3. JazzLakerHater

Our record indicates we're the best team in the West, but I don't believe we're the best team in the West. However, there is no doubt this is an improved team and the only team that I believe is definitely ahead of us is San Antonio.

4. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

I've been trying to read it but can't get past the title because it doesn't make sense. Interesting that it's correct in the poll question though.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

My playoff seed predictions

Houston
    Golden state
    Spurs
    Clippers(had them at 2nd but there's something I feel off about this year)
    Portland
    Okc
    Mavs
    Memphis?

Honestly 4-7 will probably be decided by 1 or 2 games

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The bench sucked ballz tonight but we knew that already.

Normally one of the best starting team but average or below average bench.
    Hope they improve

7. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

west too deep this year. first round will be a tough matchup no matter what it seems. Home court is all we can aim for , no easy team to play

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

We have to go 47-26 to get to 55 wins. That is 64.6%.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we are going to win a lot of regular season games but we must be ready for the playoffs because we are basically playing one team in one playoff series.

If that team is a matchup nightmare it is going to be a long series.

10. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

We haven't had the hardest schedule thus far, however we're takin care of business. 7 out of our 8 wins have been by double-digits, our starting 5 have only played (2or3?) games together, our single loss was without Dwight (and Bev & Jones). This is very encouraging this early on in the season bc we're only gona get better as the season goes on, and hopefully Morey makes some upgrades to our bench. I say yes. We're as good as our record indicates.

11. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

eight seed team That's it folks

1 person likes this.
  12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Shut yo ass up...

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This. Down Patman and TJ, jet-lagged from getting in at 5am Thu morning from Mexico, dragging all day Thu, and then playing a desperate/prideful young team that made some tough shots. BUT, the rox won.

14. Andrew Wiggins

Umm, because the teams we beat are a combined 24-41. You can't ignore that fact.

Not sure what my username has to do with this thread.

THANK YOU! Excellent post. Was that so hard guys? I 100% agree when people say Rockets fans are too sensitive.

Yeah, I don't have the edit feature. Guess I deserve to be made fun of even though I got it right the second time around. I made that title right after a close game btw.

15. Andrew Wiggins

I think the Spurs are a better team against everyone else, but not against us. I like how we match up against them.

16. lalala902102001

The only thing that worries me about the Rockets is our lack of depth. Other than that we are pretty solid all around. Yes we are as good as our record indicates.

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

we've beaten the teams we are suppose to beat...there's more weak teams in the nba than elite..as long as we beat the teams we are suppose to beat we will have a lot of wins at the end of the year...if we lose those games to these weak teams then you would be upset. just be happy.

18. Andrew Wiggins

This I can agree with. We are beating the teams we are supposed to beat. I can't remember the last season the Rockets did that (but it's still early, don't want to jynx them).

*Correction (and updated after tonight) the teams we've played are a combined 26-52
    Take out the GS loss and the teams we've beaten are a combined 20-50.

My mistake.

19. Ghost_of_Akeem

We finally drew an easier opening schedule this year, it seems like the Rockets always get screwed in this department almost every year.

With that said, easy or not we are winning games and blowing teams out the way a great team should be doing it. You could argue that if we had Howard, Jones and Bev in the GS game we might be 9-0 now.

So, we might not be as good as our record indicates, we might actually be better!

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You can't look at overall record. All you can say is that we've beaten the teams we've been expected to beat.

Look at Portland last year. That team was a borderline playoff team going into the season, but a milktoast schedule early on boosted their confidence and gave them the wind under their wings necessary to perform well once their schedule did get brutal. They parlayed that hot start into a 5 seed and a second round appearance as we all know.

Now the Rockets are in that position. It's up to us to do our jobs early, maintain this momentum, and then go into the lion's den prepared. We end the season on this stretch in April: DAL -> OKC -> SAS -> SAS -> NOP -> CHA -> UTA.

Actually, I went through the whole schedule and, barring injuries and dumb back-to-back stretches. I don't think we really have any true murderer's row of opponents. Thanks, NBA!