1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the refs trying to get us out of the playoffs so that the Lakers make it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Feb 23, 2013.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I agree, I don't think they were really bad tonight... but did you watch the Lakers game last night? The refs were asi-nine, asi-ten, asi-eleven, asi-twelve......

2. cml750

cml750 Member

While the refs did make some questionable calls, we lost this one ourselves. I think we need a larger rotation when we have back-to-back games. I think our guys get tired by the second half of the second game of back-to-back games. It hurts them defensively and hurts there shooting.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

NBA refs are some of the worst refs in sports but these conspiracy theories about the league trying to get the Lakers in the playoffs are annoying. The Rox beat themselves tonight. Like I said in game thread, Wizards have won against some of the better teams in the league this year. I think teams play down to them sometimes and they steal victories away. I want to give the Wizards credit but they're just a bad team.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I wouldn't blame this loss on the refs. At the same time, I think it's delusional to think the NBA as an organization does not have a desire for the big-market teams (LA, New York, Chicago) to excel. And if you think the association's collective desire does not have any effect on the teams themselves, you must also think life is fair because God sees to it or something.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There were 3 god awful decisions (the 2 blocks on Delfino and the charge on Parsons, the 2nd one was right near the end of the game and gave them the lead...), all looked like they came from our friend Eli. The rest was kinda meh, they weren't calling over the back on anyone.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yes I did, and I agree, which is why I bet the Lakers moneyline. If the game was in the balance, I knew the refs would favor the Lakers at home down the stretch and they did.

Now in relation to your earlier post:

What you can believe is that the Washington Wizards are #1 in the NBA at covering the spread. They're a spread covering machine...something like 34-19 against the spread. Public was pounding the Rockets but spread actually moved in opposite direction from Houston -2 to -1.5. It was too good for me to pass up. I had to put money down on the Wizards to cover. I was hoping for a 1 point Houston victory. To your credit, you did acknowledge the line in an earlier post in the game thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7668160&postcount=8

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

doesn't the spread take into account the officiating crew?

if those stats about referee eli are accurate, that is quite an incredible coincidence of statistics

8. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I didn't saw the game tonight, but my friend told me we lost because we got out played against Okafor. And both Delfino and Lin played bad. My friend is really and honest guy, he's not a homer who always defends his team, so I wouldn't blame the refs tonight.

10. Kwame

Not really from what I know, but I'm sure there are people on here that know more than me. The Wizards are hardly every favored and nobody expects them to be competitive much less win, which is why they're a spread covering machine. Also, here's a copy of my ticket so people don't think I'm all talk:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. almightiness

almightiness New Member

it is too obivious....if u say no..either u r blind or u r not a fan of rockets.......

12. zzpot

zzpot Member

we traded players... think ... stop b****ing.... at the same time... geezz.. we should have won this game.

zzpot:(:(

13. almightiness

almightiness New Member

r u serious?? how many free throws they got at the end? u just can not touch them, or u get foul.....

14. rocketblood713

sure has as hell looks like that :eek:

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nice win for you! I laid off this game, but I def wouldn't have bet Houston in this spot. As for that other guys question, I don't think they really factor in the refs for these random regular season games (maybe playoffs or marquee matchups which would have a higher handle). The line was out late last night, but ref assignments usually aren't available until 11am EST.

BTW, I never heard of Barley's, but I just looked it up and :eek:... a brew pub with a sports book?!?!?! And that's why I don't live in Vegas lol. I manage to stay off my online account when I'm drinking, but if it was as easy as Barley's, I'd probably make a bunch of bad bets.

1 person likes this.
  16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Is there an NBA gambling thread on this forum somewhere? If not, maybe there should be? Always interested to read opinions from fellow degenerates...

17. Kwame

I was thinking about starting one like the NFL betting thread, but didn't for two reasons. First, I didn't think I would have time to keep up with it or it would take up too much of my time. Second, I didn't want to have to deal with trolls coming in when a person loses a bet. However, if someone were willing to start an NBA gambling thread in the NBA dish, I would participate. There's knowledgeable people on here and having a place where we share our insight can be helpful.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I think the refs rigged the NBA so that huge market team with those top shoe selling stars in SAN ANTONIO are on top of the West.

Give me a break. We lose one game and it's an Ancient Alien conspiracy theory that we lost.

Some people can't accept defeat.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'll start one in the Dish. People who troll when someone loses are usually just idiots who can't make up their own mind, ended up betting on the posted pick, and lost anywhere between $5-$10, and are SUPER pissed off about it LOL.

20. Kwame

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7556452&postcount=180

Lol... Just giving you a hard time. I do decently in basketball, but not so much when it comes to other sports.