1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Euros losing their culture because of immigrants?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Is Europe losing its culture due to immigration?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Did you talk to Trump's good friend Jim?

Stop sucking, go back to making frog pictures, listening to Alex Jones or whatever the **** it is you are doing.

rimbaud likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I can understand Homogeneous populations reacting negatively to mass immigration of people/culture that are so vastly different and considered backwards. Plus a lot of the migrants will end up in the fringes of society.

I have never been in a homogeneous country that had to deal with mass migration of an entirely different culture, so I'm not going to judge how people react. but historically there has always been frictions when things like this happen, even with people of the same race. (see HK and mainland migrants)

On the other hand would certain people in the EU react the same way if the migrants are Japanese and Korean instead of brown and black.

malakas likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donald Trump is helping to save European Culture by getting them to tax Levis, Harley's and Jack Daniels.

4. Senator

Senator Member

The 21st century culture is a mixed basket of culture that is in sync with your neighbors. That is inevitable given globalization.

You have to communicate and not be entitled, whether you are a majority or minority.

The problem I see is a lot of minorities refuse to communicate, get frustrated, and get violent as a result. I don't blame it on religion or skin color, but an inability to communicate and be transparent. It's like going to church without shoes and shirt off, then getting pissed off when people tell you to dress appropriately. Just compromise a little and don't be obnoxious about it.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Most of the answers in this thread are pure CRAP.
    Get of your high horse. Europe is not USA. It's completely different.
    The way we here judge nationality is completely different than USA.

My home island, has been turned into a hotspot by Merkel's and EU's policies to the point that I who grew up there, had to move out.
    It's full of pakistanis, afghanis, iraqis and kurds.
    Island population was 30 k and the immigrants now are 10k.
    Everyday they stab each other, destroy properties, steal and threaten. Total destruction of any tourism and no safety for the citizens.90% are completely uneducated, can't read or write single men in their 20s.
    We don't have guns to protect ourselves. The police has been told to turn a blind eye because there is not enough prison to put them all inside.
    Some farmers who even shot in the air to protect their properties from being destroyed were arrested and went to court.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just an example now with the Ramadan, the Kurds and the Arabs/Pakistanis had a mini civil war because the Kurds were not religious enough and they continued to eat during the day. :rolleyes:

I wish nothing more than all those people along with the NGOs and the Frontex to get the heck out. And if I have become racist so be it because the situation has made me so.
    I don't see anyway that any of those people will be integrated because there is no will nor opportunity.
    If Germany or America wants cheap labor they can have them all.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You aren't racist becauase you believe 10,000 unvetted migrants came onto your island of 30,000. If what you say is true, yes that is absurd and no one thinks that is the right way to handle migrant policy.

I really.hope your leaders pull their head out of their asses if your story is accurate because that isn't acceptable at all.

Anyways, from your posting history I don't recall you making any racial or bigoted remarks so you do seem sincere in your post. Sucks. I hope you stay safe.

I hope your oredwla is solved but I also hope you dont automatically dismiss all brown Arab/South Asian men as rapists or uneducated.

7. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Thanks for bringing your viewpoint to the party. Please ignore the ignorant who will call anyone who disagrees with them evil nazi racists. The reality is that globalist government elites are betraying their own people and are aided and abetted by the media.

I know some people support immigration for humanitarian reasons. If you feel this way and aren't afraid of something challenging your worldview, watch the following six minute video.

The strangest thing to me is feminists and the rainbow coalition supporting the immigration of people who are the definition of far right conservatives who traditionally oppress, subjugate, and kill them. It's a weird kind of cultural suicide.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I will call someone ignorant when applying the European issue to an American one when the average South Asian and Africsn immigrant hold proffesional careers at a higher rate, contribute more to our gdp and have lower crime rates than the average native born citizen.

9. Nook

Nook Member

A couple points. First this isn’t the first time that areas in Europe have seen massive immigration and not the first time that there have been serious disagreements between immigrants and natives. There have been waived of Jews and to some extent Africans in Europe. The outcome has not always been pretty but most of that was hundreds of years ago.

I don’t know that Poland, Japan or Korea are really the roadmaps I would want to follow as none of those nations are especially appealing. Further Japan is opening their borders.

You underestimate assimilation over time. The complaints against Muslims are very similar to those expressed about Jews. To be clear, I do not believe there will be no problems. I am sure there will be but I don’t believe you are going to see wide spread Sharia law or things of that sort. People assimilate over generations.

Islam if not the religion of peace. It has a brutal history that has largely been down played.

10. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

IJS, but that's the second time you've lumped those two very disparate groups together. Any particular reason? I happen to know that Asians are currently the most successful racial group in US and it`s not even close.

Btw, we are talking about Europe and the threat of the destruction of their culture. Do you believe that they can continue to import large numbers of immigrants without significant negative impacts? Do you believe that there is any rational reason for them to do so?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Clash lyrics are still appropriate today.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Why is there no pressure on their home countries to make these low level immigrants change to adapt to new scenario's, instead of cling to religion? Is your home country (which is Germany??) that desperate for people, low skilled labor? Can you eventually use them once they are trained? America is lucky in that regard, they can be selective.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's very weird but funny that you talk about the ignorant calling others Nazis for disagreeing and then talk about the globalist elites betraying their own people abetted by the media in successive sentences.

#73 CometsWin, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You are one of the biggest racists here. Why not tell us what you really think?

15. CometsWin

Looking for my triggered gif, please hold...

Maybe you should spend a little time reading about Nazism and the use of terms like globalists, elites, betrayal, and the media.

Then come back and we'll have an informed discussion.

It's always fascinating how the usual suspects give a pass to the actual language or event but anyone who points it out is waisis.

#75 CometsWin, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Here is the biggest Nazi of all. :cool:

17. CometsWin

Totally. :cool:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

As a part time Frenchman, I'd say the USA has done more damage to the traditional French culture than the Muslim immigrants. American movies and music and fashion and other cultural exports, fast food, English words adopted into French, the American business lifestyle, the domination of American products on French store shelves. I think it a little ironic for Americans to worry about the preservation of traditional European cultures. If anything, the influx of Muslim immigrants is more French than the culture we've been exporting to them. At least its a Pandora's Box they opened themselves.

adoo likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Australia used to be a prison colony. They turned out ok.

20. Buck Turgidson

Sure, but we all know where they're headed

[​IMG]