1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Cavs willing to give up too much for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jet036, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope they give up EVERYTHING

Rocket River

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's not really overpaying if GS is willing to offer Klay and/or the Bulls are willing to offer Gibson/Noirotic/McDermott. Sure maybe Wiggins is valued as an 8-9 as a trade piece but if GS and the Bulls are offering 7s and all the Cavs have without Wiggins is a 6 you have to give up Wiggins.

Trading for Love isn't really giving up long term success because him and Kyrie are 22 and 25 respectively. When LeBron starts to slow down those two will still be in their primes to help carry him.

3. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Something that bears mentioning is the fact that Lebron wants to play with Love and vice versa. If anything, that's possibly the center of the hold up of the trade with its implication. We're possibly getting hung up valuing the external pieces being moved around while the true reason is staring us in the face.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's shocking how the Cavs are holding onto Wiggins over Love. Shocking.

It's a no-brainer.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They are doing it because they have leverage

Esp if Love is not committing to any other team

Why give him up . . . if you don't have too.

Even if love goes to GS or Chicago
    If he says . .. I'm not signing and extension . . he is a 1 yr rental
    and goes to the Cavs next year

Rocket River

6. t_mac1

You signed the best player in the world to win championships EVERY year.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I know it's unlikely that Wiggins has a better career than Love.

At the same time, with Wiggins, this Cavs team has a 10 year window. Wiggins and Irving could be carrying Lebron at some point. A chance at one of the longest dynasties in the NBA can't be ignored when you're trying to build a legacy.

Love gives them half that window. IMO with Wiggins they're already best in the East. With Wiggins and Irving, they will improve for every one of the next 4-5 years. With Love they have a 4-5 year window and then it's probably over.

I still lean towards the idea of trading Wiggins for Love. However, I wouldn't say it's an easy decision. How great of a two-way player can Wiggins be with the defense focused on Lebron and Irving? In his rookie season at the age of 19, he may end up being one of the best 3rd options ever.

8. t_mac1

Kevin Love is 25. He's not 30.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep. Offering Wiggins may make sense, but it is WAY MORE than any other team is offering.

No other team is offering a star or a potential star, as far as I can tell

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source insists the Cavs and Twolves have agreed to a Wiggins for Love swap. Looking for 3rd team to complete the deal w/ other parts.</p>&mdash; Eric Rosenthal (@ericsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ericsports/statuses/492048486620069888">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

^Not sure if that's serious though

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kyrie + Love + LeBron is a sick big three. I'm sure they don't want to wait on Wiggins to develop when they already have the best player in the NBA.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he can stay a Cav for one year, he'll have more playoff success than Love has ever had. He puts up good numbers and he's a good player, but his career hasn't been all that great.

Maybe you're right that Wiggins is the card you need to trump all other offers. But, if he is in the deal, you shouldn't have to put more valuable assets in too, beyond matching salaries. Maybe Cleveland wants to throw in Bennett because they've already given up on him. But, a future 1st rounder too? Why? Isn't Wiggins/Bennett already better than Gibson/Mirotic/McDermott?

Morey, there's got to be some opportunity here.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Who the hell is Eric Rosenthal?

2. If you are looking for a third team to complete the deal with other parts, you have not agreed to anything.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The Cavs are in a win-win situation if you ask me. Whether they pull the trigger on a trade now or wait and see how things pan out, they win unless Wiggins is a complete bust..unlikely. I think both sides would be willing to re-evaluate at trade deadline.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The Cavs are in a win-win situation if you ask me. Whether they pull the trigger on a trade now or wait and see how things pan out, they win unless Wiggins is a complete bust..unlikely. I think both sides would be willing to re-evaluate at trade deadline.

17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The cavs are in a win-win situation if you ask me. Whether they pull the trigger on a trade now or wait and see how things pan out, they win unless Wiggins is a complete bust..unlikely. I think both sides would be willing to re-evaluate at the trade deadline.

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

^next time I won't post from my phone. Sorry :/

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If I thought wiggins had special traits,I would say no. Other than being 6'8 and athletic,what's so special about wiggins? He has avg at best handles. His 1st step and jumper isn't anything to brag about either. Mkg was touted because he plays hard. Playing hard isn't a trait to me.

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

can they trade freshly signed rookies? have the cavs signed wiggins? and dont they have to wait like 1 month after signing. I could be wrong though.