1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Blazers the darkhorse for Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Jun 27, 2012.

1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

It seems like the Blazers easily can match/beat what we offer for Dwight, and they also have enough cap room for Deron if they don't sign Batum to a huge offer.

Jamal Crawford is also getting shopped and there is a rumor they will get a 1st rounder in the 20s.

Their offer could easily be something like #6, #11, and #20. I think that's comparable or better than what we can give Orlando. It may come down to who is willing to take on J-Rich, Glen Davis or, God forbid, Hedo.

#1 acshen, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I doubt Portland has the cojones to take Dwight without a guaranteed extension.
    BTW, Batum is an RFA.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Only if Dwight is not afraid of the Blazer C curse - which he should be...

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Blazer targeting a talented big man? This usually ends up well.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

GM's do like to copy Morey

6. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Since they extended the Qualifying Offer, they can trade him, right?

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Not until he is officially signed I believe. Same situation with how Brooklyn can't trade Brook Lopez right now.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Orlando requires that they retain one half inch of Dwight's left leg in any trade.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

rains too damn much in portland......dwight's not gonna re-up no contract there even if they throw in a different swimsuit model 365 days a year to hold his umbrella

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

No they can't. He's still a free agent.

11. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

That they could trade it for T-Wolves 1st round pick. I'm pretty sure Khan would go for it.

12. smr6

smr6 Member

Only if there is a promising young PG prospect available at that spot in the draft.

13. Mariachi ROCKET

Let him go to the Blazers, I Dont Give a Fudge! Let the Curse continue

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

No, because by the end of the day we will end up with portland's #6 :)

15. cml750

cml750 Member

If DH goes to the Blazers then there is no doubt his back will ruin his career. No center should ever want to go to Portland after B. Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, ..... the Blazers have a curse for centers.

16. smr6

smr6 Member

Could also be Portland trying to pressure us to trade Lowry off to them for one of their picks if they are genuinely interested in Lowry that is. If they want to make sure that they can get him rather than us sending him to Sacremento for example, this is a pretty decent way for them to get Morey to start talking to them more seriously to get them out of contention for Dwight.

17. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Actually i would #6, #11, and #20 BLOWS AWAY what we can offer in term of picks.. 14, 16, and 18 isn't attractive fro Orlando..

Sorry, as of now, Morey has ONLY been good at trading our "assets" for Mid first round picks.. i want the top 10.. i want something to happen that isn't another side step move.. I really hope yesterday wasn't the tease move to get us all excited then thursday comes and when don't move up at all.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dwight or no Dwight, I envy Portland's situation. Only a fan from another team that lost its 2 stars to injury could possibly envy them I imagine.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets are the dark horse for any move the Blazers find out they're trying to make. I bet the new Blazers GM is the one who went public about the Rockets intentions in this draft just to sabotage them. No team wants to be a domino that leads to another super team (unless the GM's are good friends). The Blazers know they have the better picks and if the Rockets get the fifth pick then it's over for them.

I believe the chance of Williams and/or Howard playing for Portland in the long run is half half of what it is in Houston. I want the Rockets to offer what they can now, let Portland beat that offer, wait for Dwight to walk away and watch them end up with Brook Lopez so they can stay irrelevant for the next few years and stop sabotaging the Rockets.

20. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Don't forget Joel Przybilla.