1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Les & Rox REALLY about winning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 13, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We had a much better chance with Parsons when DD thought Cbud was the next white hope.

That being said, I never thought Les was a great owner. Could you imagine what Morey could do with the Russian's or Dolan's bank roll? Morey is going to be poached by a free spending owner if Les doesn't open up the pocket book.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Although I hate seeing Parsons leave, he is not worth 15 million per year. I still think that the Big FA the Rockets are looking for in the future is Durant. This team is building a team that will be much better on D side of court and I know the players they will target will be short term and can play tough D. Can't wait to see the final roster come October.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Of course they are about winning. There were willing to go into luxury tax area if they were able to get Bosh. Morey gambled this off-season and lost. Happens.

4. shlhl

shlhl Member

Current roster will not be better than last year and mark my word. If they make upgrade at 4 and that is different story.

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Best response ever.

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

definitely, that's why Morey brought us Harden and Howard.

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I hear what you are saying, but the Rockets change the core of their roster every couple of years. Constantly shuffling in new players every year doesn't allow your team to grow organically into a better unit.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I agree with you DD. I do believe they want to win but the letting go of Parsons was just mind boggling. How do you go from on the brink of contention to wait till next year. I am tired of waiting for next year!! As a season ticket holder for 15 years I'm done renewing if we take a step back this year.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The Chicago Bulls circa 2005-2007 had the best cast of home grown players I have perhaps ever seen. What exactly happened to them?

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm guessing the reason Les and Morey are obsessed with a Big Three is that the last time the Rockets had any significant success in the postseason, it was with Dream, Clyde, and Barkley. And Miami and Boston turned into instant contenders overnight when they put together their Big Threes.

But how often does that happen? The Rockets haven't seen any playoff success in the 17 years since their Big Three was assembled. The Celtics and Heat each had 4 year runs before they had to rebuild all over again. If Rockets management would just show some f'ing patience and let these young teams mature while continuing to tinker around the edges, they wouldn't wind up with 4 year stretches in the lottery or a bunch of first round defeats.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is where the rubber meets the road. People get tired of renewing season tickets for next year. Especially when next year actually means the year after next at best. Enough already. Build a team and stop effing around with "assets". As a consumer of the product it's tiresome. Particularly at these prices.

1 person likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

I agree!! It is not like the free agents are going to line up for us next year. We should have learned by what happened this year that Houston is just not a "sexy" destination and that our best chance is to tweak what we already had. Adding Ariza would have been a very positive "tweak" hadwe matched CP25. Instead we remain "flexible" for another crop of free agents to shun us next year especially after we take a step back with a less talented roster.:mad:

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Mr. ALEXANDER is a six-time world champion. He's forgotten more about winning than you'll ever know.

No. **** that. He hasn't forgotten one thing. It's in his blood.

He wants to build a championship team, not Nets West.

14. count_dough-ku

I don't wanna imagine how many empty seats we'll see at games this year. And I don't just mean at tipoff.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

New thread:

Is DD really about Posting? Or is he just trolling?

16. flusched

flusched Member

If you can't be good, be lucky. Not getting Bosh was good luck for Rox. His skills greatly diminished in Miami. He's not a max player anymore. Without LBJ it will become obvious.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am pissed off that the team I have followed since 1972 made a monetary decision over one based upon talent.

When we only have Dwight Howard locked in for 2 more years - the clock is ticking, and we took a major step backwards.

That is NOT progress.

DD

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Agreed!! We basically just punted on next season so we can watch next years free agent crop shun us.:mad:

1 person likes this.
  19. count_dough-ku

Well then why was Morey so eager to get him?

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

DD you know I love u bro but thats a silly question. Bosh took the money. Thats what effed us. Not Morey or Les.