1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Les & Rox REALLY about winning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 13, 2014.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Last yr was basically a rookie season for jones. All he has to do is work on his jumper and he's fine. He has a lot of tools in his bag and that's the great thing about him. I expect jones to be a 15ppg 10reb 2blk type of guy next to howard.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So do you agree that he should have treated him like an asset so we could keep him for another year?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Coward

So was your # 2 claim in your OP true or false

Simple question

Yes or No

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're right, with our situation I really hope he does...but man...the form on that jumper is just weird. If he can hit it consistently (the games he did in are proof) Howard is hard to stop in the post and the rockets are a top team.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously? I am going to refrain from responding.

And putting you back on ignore where you belong.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

les is only willing to pay the tax for lebron
    and not 100% sure he'd even do that

7. heypartner

Lols. Coward

You won't admit that you were actually thrilled we traded PPatt to create minutes for DMo

You didn't actually say that? I have proof. Making your entire OP questionable on point #2

You are weak sauce

Too protective of criticism to your threads. Oh, I'm just going to put this HeyPee guy on ignore before he embarrasses my thread more. After you foolishly responded to me

Lame

DD. I like you as a person, but your posts still suck.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Morey wants the best out of those positions and will bargain shop value to salary any day of the weak for those who aren't.

If they pan out, then great, another asset to capitalize. If they don't, back to scouring the waivers and NBDL...

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would take Malone and Stockton right NOW. Do you realize that Howard and Harden have only played ONE season together??? Get a grip man.

No one is happy how this offseason turned out since expectations were approaching heavenly heights but all is not lost and the Rockets are far from finished tweaking with the roster. Perpetual doom and gloom never solves anything.

10. heypartner

In no way shape or form did OP ever say PPat was our best PF

And further to that OP always hated Lowry, hence he mentioned Dragic is example #1 is his thread vs Lowry. Hell had he mentioned Dragic and Lowry instead of a PF, like we should have kept any PF, I wouldn't be in this thread

He just needed three positions to make his point, and to make that point he went into the land if hypocrisy

So lame

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

If they were all about winning they would get a real head coach and take care of their players

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude this post makes absolutely no sense...you're so drunk/high right now...just post when you're sober.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lock yourself up

Dd is legend

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les changed the rockets beautiful uniforms after we won two championships .
    What team does that ?
    I believe he thought they were cooler and would sell more.

The next time, current style, was a blatantly red jersey because of all the Asian money Yao Ming brought.

Another flag is how Barkley kept mentioning that les owes him money. And it wasn't that much .

Don't like how les treats his coaches. Rudy t who has been a rockets lifer for 30 years goes to the lakers and then stays as Phil Jackson's scout ? What !

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot choose owners. Unfortunately. If he isn't a racist or homophobe, you can't get rid of him.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Leslie has never been a winner, FACT! He inherited championships and didn't do a single thing since then to put us in contention, FACT! Star chasing actually starts with him and of course Morey follows suit, because great players are great in statistics.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Owner is supposed to be a guy who sits back, allows his GM to get the best players and roster, and pay up. That's what I meant with not putting us in contention. The roster itself is of course the GM.

18. thejav

thejav Member

Ariza is a better player then Parsons. 2 reasons.. better 3 point shooter. Way better defender. if u cant see that we just upgraded our SF position at half the cost then u don't know basketball. Let parsons go. points are points, doesn't matter who is making them. But u cant teach someone to play elite defense. Ariza>Parsons!!

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Unfortunately, for every one of us analytical fans on CF, there a 1,000 casual Rockets fans who will pay to see Dwight receive some alley-oops and Harden draw some fouls. I agree with the sentiment that Les is a star-chaser. I wish we know of the actual proceedings and discussions that take place in the front office.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We don't have a real playmaker, distributor. Parsons was decent at it.
    You need to pair him up with Ariza to make him the weapon that he is.

Like John Wall