1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Les & Rox REALLY about winning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 13, 2014.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I would point out everything wrong with this, but someone has already done that.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Had they not blundered this off-season putting all of their eggs into the Bosh bag, they could have traded Lin and Asik and had 16 mil worth of cap space to improve the bench with and then matched Parsons leading to a much better team and contention.

Like I said, Morey gets some leeway because of what he's done before now, but you can't completely blow the off-season and hurt the team 2 years in a row and keep your job. He needs to bounce back strong from this disaster.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When they signed Dwight, they did sell him on winning. But with a no defense no heart teammate like Harden coupled with a remaining incompetent coach, I have no idea how Dwight is dealing with the situation.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why? Because I called out the OP for saying PPat was our best PF, when the history of his posts actually said the very opposite

I think you have reading comprehension issues

An OP cannot backtrack on his history of loving Jordan Hill over PPatt then say now, conveniently to make a point, that he always believed PPatt was our best PF

He invented his #2 example against his previous beliefs to continue his Car Herrera attack on the rockets mgmt

Did I 'splain that more clearly for you now

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The fact is they still have that trade exception from Lin and a lottery pick from the Asik deal to work with. So they can still use those things between now and the trade deadline to shore up the bench or trade for a Rasheed Wallace in 04 type deal that might be the boost we need going into the playoffs.

We also have cap space right now to shore up the bench, which, I agree is a major concern.

On topic of the 2 years that Morey has hurt the team. Are you saying that's last year and this year? Or this year and hypothetically next year? Because I would say that signing Dwight Howard is the best thing to happen to the Rockets since we traded for Tracy McGrady.

I will say though that this off-season has been terrible thus far. It's very early still so let's see what else happens before we all jump off the bridge together.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hill is better than our PF now too.... come on now...same thing...just a different name.

DD

7. Exel

Exel Member

Only if it's more profitable. Les probably did a ROI analysis and saw that investing more money in his wine club would net him more cash.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

HP.

Read again.

I think he means our current team, but even if he meant on the team before he got traded (since that's the scenario he is discussing in his OP), there was no Jordan Hill at the time. You're letting past grievances get in the way of judging his posts.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't saying he has hurt the team 2 years in a row, I'm saying he can't hurt the team this badly 2 years in a row and keep his job no matter what he did leading up to this. I'm hoping this complete disaster of an off-season is just a fluke and that he'll return to being one of the better GM's in the league but there's no way of spinning this off-season, it's been about as bad as possible. The Rockets going into the year have no hope for contention despite having 2 superstar players.....that's not easy to do.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Oh gawd. It's come to this. And there are some people supporting the premise behind these notions. Oh lawdddddddddddddddddddd.

11. moose

moose Member

For once, I agree with DD. Les is cheap and will never be willing to go into luxury to become a contender.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Well there you go, Jordan Hill wasn't even in the pool of players he was referring to. I hope this puts an end to your personal feud and lets you calm down.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I can agree with that. I still think it's very early into the off-season. So, we'll have to see what happens between now and then. Hopefully by solidifying the role players and bench situation we have, lots of the problems we had last year can be rectified.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh boy, you shouldn't have responded to me

What did you just say even mean to defend your hypocrisy

So you admit that the #2 claim in your OP was fabricated. You never believed PPatt was our best PF on the team

Why did you make that up vs all your previous posts in that era saying differently

You do realize I just caught you in hypocracy

IMO. This makes your entire thread questionable, because you disagreed with yourself

You just reinvent history to make your point

So lame

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I disagree with the nothion hill or patterson is better than jones. I'm a parsons fan,but to get ariza for 8m and open up almost 10m of cap space is a win. Had they not gotten ariza of deng and let parsons walk,I would have had a lot of questions,but I think they did right. Now they can still absorb a contract like rondo (with a player added) or dragic. Not only that,they could still have the mle to use.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

^Drugs. Don't do them.

17. DaDakota

Whatever, thanks for stopping by.

DD

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Patterson spaces the floor much better (midrage, 3 ball), he would be an ideal fit next to Howard even though TJ maybe the better player overall.

19. DaDakota

If they got eithher Rondo or Dragic (would prefer the Dragon due to injuries) then fine.

That team is still better, but it still would not stop the fact that Morey made Chandler a RFA when he did not have to.

DD

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Dude...you're ****ing high right now. He said Patterson is better than the PFs we have on this team (which maybe a questionable statement)... not that Patterson was the best PF we ever had. Go back and read the quote before you start derailing threads.