1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are European writers more educated about the NBA than ESPN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Oct 25, 2002.

Tags:
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I don't know for certain, but that looks like a fan site moreso than a genuine publication. I bet you could find many American fansites that have a more objective opinion on the Rockets this season as well.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't agree with them because there is no way Dallas will have that good of a year and there is no way LA is not going to win 50+ games.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

what makes you think Stanley Ford is not from the US. And btw: that is a fantasy league site.

http://fba.8bit.co.uk/

codell, ease up on the new threads. you mind?

5. codell

Im very well aware that it is a fantasy site. Regardless, I thought the summaries were objective and that people might enjoy seeing things from a different point of view even if it is from a UK fantasy league.

6. heypartner

Package it anyway you want codell, but all you did was post a take from a very amateurish fantasy board. That's all that is. It is just clutter, imo. Surely, you can come up with better Thread ideas than this. This thread idea is very weak for the premier Post Per Day poster on the BBS.

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Those power rankings suck!

8. codell

How funny. Arent all of our takes amateurish? I did not realize there were guidelines of expertise that had to be considered when posting an opinion from another site.

Premier post per day poster? Where are you getting this from?

9. jl2002

jl2002 Member

This hillbilly thinks that the wizards will be worse off than they were last year, ok chemistry or not chemistry the wizards have more than enough talent to be a "MUCH" better team than last year when they were like 39-45 or something like that, That just shows you how much he knows since he probably gets the news a day later.

Michael Jordan and Jerry Stackhouse - two top players
    L. Hughes - Solid in preseason along with T. Lue and K. Brown the # 1 pick of 2001, don't forget that the Wizards have alot of talent, a good mesh of young and old which will allow Doug Collins (Head Coach) to grind out victories during the long haul.

Also note that this author is obviously biased towards his own European players, and when he mentioned "Juan Carlos Navaro" on the wizards you could see by his quote "If given the opportunity he could turn alot of heads." key word is "IF." Problem is that Navaro is already under contract with another European club in order to develop his skills.

10. heypartner

Exactly. our takes are amateurish and we have 6,000 members. Why do we need a freaking thread about some hillbilly take from another site????!!!!!

And the "Premier Post Per Day Poster" is you. Look at your profile, and look at the stat, posts per day. I defy you to find anyone close.

ease up Codell. OK?? Quit defending this thread. It sucks. Share the ball for once, Mr. 16 post per day.

11. codell

Its all relative. Threads about ESPN, TSN and any other site that has the Rockets out of the playoff picture are all viewed as hillbillyish because their opinions arent mainstream when compared to others posted on this site. Who cares where it comes from? Geesh. This site seemed to make similar predictions (besides Mavs @ #1) that are posted around here and I thought some might get a kick out of it. Sorry its so offensive to you or to anyone else. Its hardly worse than some of the other crap threads that are started on here.

Ive never checked my 'stats' and am hardly concerned with how much I post per day. Did not realize there was a moritorium on posts. I find this is the pot calling the kettle black.

12. heypartner

"Pot calling the Kettle Black." 'eh

that sounds like a good challenge.

OK, bet me then. I bet you I will not start a new thread in this forum before your next new thread.

Come on, hot shot, Mr 16 post per day, bet me.

Or you SUCKS for continuing to defend your crapping thread.

Stop posting so many threads, codell. You are number one in posting new threads.

You up for the challenge!!! Otherwise, clam up.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Kids, knock it off! ;)

14. codell

Im always a betting man and am always up for a challenge. Ill make the same wager that I did with two others on here. :D

15. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I thought I said knock it off you two... :mad:

16. heypartner

so it's a bet then.

I will last longer not starting a new thread in this forum, the Rockets Game Action Forum, than you will.

You are so going to lose!!!

do we have a witness to the bet?

17. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Right here bro...

The guys not going to have any playoff tickets left... :p

18. codell

Im sure Ricerocket is willing and able.

Whats your wager?

By the way, going back to the last 11 pages, Ive started 2 threads and you have started 2 threads and there have been some people that have started 6,7 and even 8 threads and some of those were duplicate subjects by the same person. So where are you getting this that im the king thread starter?

19. timm

timm Member

HO, codell,

Please continue. We love to see the game and action on the sides.That's why we come to cc Net. LOL

20. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

This is between you guys, It's the coolest way to get you both not to post threads... just kidding...