1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Appropriate anger 99er

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by verse, Feb 12, 2015.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

See question in above post.

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

When I have a day of poor performance, I come back the next day with my game face on. My sales pitch is refined, my APE (attitude, preparation and effort) is in tune, and I usually have a very productive day. I demand nothing other than my best at the next available opportunity, and I deliver it. My work superiors and colleagues respect me for it, and, yes, it has proven to be very successful for me.

3. jamescar

jamescar Member

That is a great point. I think people just do not actually remember that even in the 80s/90s, many of the players were good friends. Dwight appears to be a nice fun loving guy and that is not actully a bad thing.

4. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Hibiki and ginger ale with ice.

5. MattM

MattM Member

Like your passion but I think you're making a lot of assumptions. I agree, I have witnessed clownish behavior from him, but you got to keep things in perspective.

People are different.

I would like to see more intensity from him but I'm not going to knock him right now about it.

You don't know how he will perform in the playoffs his year. You may actually be surprised. Yeah, of course I understand why you would be doubtful of his return to dominance, but we still don't know...

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I don't care if you are a 99er or a 2015er.

Apparently you didn't watch the playoffs last year where he completely dominated...and was arguably the best player on the floor.

1 person likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IIRC, Riley didn't like Magic being close with Isiah and forced him to drop the friendship.

Player movement was much more restricted back in the days, especially star players. Most of them played for one team their entire career. Nowadays, players are traded like baseball cards. The sense of loyalty and rivalry has been eroded a lot.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

good memory

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uvST-VkoTug?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btw: everyone like Magic pretty much. The Magic / Isiah kiss is just a single example. MJ hated Isiah. And Isiah hated Bird. And all those teams hated each other. And then we have Philly, too.

It's not accurate for ppl to say the '80s was friendly, just because Magic was so likeable.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The 80's were vicious. Those teams would knock you on your butt if you drove the lane.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Different generation of basketball. Did you not see Ariza, Terry and Smith joking and laughing with Hedo and few other Clipper players before checking into the game. Lol. It's not only Howard.

1 person likes this.
  11. CometsWin

I hate to say it but Dwight has a lot of b**** in him. You can smile all the time as long as it doesn't affect your intensity and focus. Dwight's intensity and focus don't measure up. In fact the only time all of last season that I really saw him focused and trying to impose his will on another team was in the playoffs for a while. It just seems like he's coasting on his natural athleticism the rest of the year.

1 person likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Oh no! Dream smiling with a hated east player:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

And another- omg. A true competitor would never do that on or off the court

[​IMG]

Disgraceful

[​IMG]

#113 Tfor3, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  14. CometsWin

The difference between Dwight and Jordan, Dream, and Shaq is that Jordan, Dream, and Shaq have a bunch of rings and MVPs and all Dwight has is a bunch of baby mommas.

15. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Simple. Why foster animosity with someone you might be teammates with next season when your GM trades your ass...et to that team?

1 person likes this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

1. They still smiling and carrying on

2:
    Oh, I didn't realize D12 already retired due to injuries. My bad. Wish he'd won a title

Too bad the beard rolled out of OKC into Houston only to suffer ringless misery the way Mac did coming from Orlando to Houston.

Damn - Mac and Yao ringless

Beard and d12 ringless.

Ok thanks for the heads up.

Dafuq

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I get they your jimmies are rustled and that you're a long time fan...but you're going off some bs here. Magic Johnson was known for his ear to ear smile, kawhi Leonard has zero personality. To attack Dwight on his demeanor on a year where he's injured is obnoxious. Aren't you used to rockets players injured or out of condition??? An aging Barkley, a broken t-Mac and Yao? An aging dream? Dwight on the contrary is a freak of nature but is going through some turbulence ever since his minor stint with the lakers. Give him his due since he was drafted out of highschool. Before you go on another menopausal mood swing and attack a player on the most trivial of character traits, cool off. Dwight hasn't been lazy about his workot, or his health regiment. He's been upfront with his condition as opposed to McGrady and he's at least shown at full capacity what he can do over several seasons unlike Yao (love the big guy but I think if it weren't for injury we would have seen a lot more from him). :rolleyes:

18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

OP, you are mistaking anger with the will to win at all cost. For Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq it just happens that the will to win at all cost triggers their angry side. Dwight, I can't speak for him, but the big difference I see between him and the others is that he finds having his way of fun and his way of game more important than winning at all cost. So that's why it feels like he plays soft because he's usually giving out this I dun give a F unless I'm playing my way and having my fun.

19. davidghall

davidghall Member

Dwight definitely doesn't have a "championship mentality." Hopefully we have enough to overcome that. I personally do not think we do, but I would love to be wrong.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the court Hakeem was fierce.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UWekj2wcXes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>