1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Appropriate anger 99er

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by verse, Feb 12, 2015.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Too much money just to not be overjoyed.

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

IMHO, what they do before and after the game, I have no problem.

But during the game? They better get focus.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I liked the 80's style NBA better, that is just me. They make so much money now, different culture, not just Dwight. Still see some bad blood, but it is not quite the same level of intensity.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I admit that I'm not a fan of the friendly buddy buddy NBA of today.

Could you imagine Hakeem laughing and joking, especially in public, with an opponent that just dropped 20-20?

Deke would've dropped an elbow. Charles Oakley? Alonzo Mourning hugging Shaq after watching his team get smacked?

HELL NO!

But that's on the coach…he has to tell his players not to fraternise or joke around before, during or immediately after the game.

I remember Rudy T calling out his players before the 1995 Finals game 2 practice just for being 'giddy' and over confident!

After the all star break players have to come back focused…no swag champs, Just straight up O.G., Hardcore & ruthless.

That being said…Dwight didn't jack up any of those 40 3 point shots tonight.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yep back in the day we liked fights on the court and teammates punching teammates in practice. That is what true leader do.

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

The hero we need!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight is who he is, and he was the best when he had a boot in his ass coach, McHale is more of an enabler, than a disciplinarian.

We are not going anywhere this year I think, our mix is wrong.

DD

#47 DaDakota, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's the same way in golf, players used to not talk, psyche each other, and stare.

But in the old days you were playing for your livelihood. Guys that didn't win didn't make enough money to support their families. There was a desperation about beating the other guy. Now it's like in Little League where everyone gets a trophy; everyone competing on the big stage gets paid.

It's neither good nor bad just different. It is after all just entertainment and the players are entertainers. The game is only played between the buzzers, when it's over it's done. Also, players move around so much more now. A player you hate on the court might be tour teammate next week. Who would have ever thought we would pull FOR jason Terry.

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

Really? Yet in your title you have to mention that you are a 99er...

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's right dude, he's one of the OGs

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is pretty ridiculous

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McHale is soft, he never holds anyone accountable and as such jokers like Dwight will continue clowning around.

Also you have your priorities wrong in life if you idiolize Dwight or any other athlete and look at them as role models. APpreciate them for their talents on the court and that's about it. Your role models should be your parents etc.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh ****. No. Oh, God, no. He SMILED again? He's ****ing SMILING?!!!! A SMILE!

14. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

If you want to see that attitude look no further than last years playoff series...He was very serious and dominated in the games that mattered the most, no smiles/jokes...He is who he is however, so your not going to see that attitude in the regular season especially in today's NBA where athletes are scrutinized for such actions...I'm not condoning this behavior, just telling it like it is

I mean there were 10 players yucking it up in the middle of the court during the game as pointed out by Van Gundy...It's a different era

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm okay with it, Dwight normally get pissed off on the court when the ref miss a call. Then he just start dunking on folks.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think the OP is angry JUST because Dwight was smiling after a loss last night. It goes deeper than that and I think everyone here knows it.

Dwight has been Mr. Happy-go-lucky his entire career. He has other players constantly calling him out for being soft. My belief is that where there is smoke, there's fire.

Problem is, Dwight isn't 22 anymore. He's never going to change. So basically what you see is what you get with him. The sooner you understand that, the less angry you'll be. You just take the good with the bad like every other player in the league.

17. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Fixed

18. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Dwight Howard doesn't give a **** when he's not playing. When he is playing, his effort level is dubious at best. I really think he's not that much of a difference maker. Totally overpaid.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OT: I was expecting a lot of tinman in this thread with tile being "99er". I am disappoint...

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Someone photoshop this with Dwight behind the glass, please.

[​IMG]