1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple's WWDC 2010 (new iPhone)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 30, 2010.

1. drumbum

drumbum Member

They put the amount on hold till it is ready to ship/shipped and that's when they actually charge it.

Did you order the phone? If so enjoy cause you're going to love it.

Ordered it through AT&T or Apple?

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah i have 3g iphone well this is what happened:

basically i went in like 2 weeks ago gave them my credit card to pay for the phone they swiped it through and all they said the card was swiped and all but wont be officially charged until the phone ships.

i went home and checked my acct there was a credit hold of 260 or so dollars on it makes sense but then a few days later the credit hold was gone but then i figured that makes sense since they said they would charge it when it shipped.

two days after i "bought" the phone i got a new credit card in the mail from my bank w/ a later expiration date so i activated that card making the old card obsolete...the new card has the same card number but diff expiration and security code.

i went into the same att store last week and told them the issue since i didnt want the phone not to be shipped since the card on file card be charged and i'd have to re-do the process and wait another 2 weeks. they said it wasnt an issue and that if the card cant be charged i'd get an email from them saying that and i would have to go into a store to resolve w/in 48 hours and then they would ship it. so i was like ok cool

the phone shipped on monday it was in texas up until this morning and now its on the truck being delivered to work and my card still hasn't been charged

i checked our att account this morning and the phone wasnt charged to the account either figure that it would have been charged there if anything but there is no pending balance at att....so not sure what the deal is

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You are my savior.

I did this and it's like I have a brand new phone.

Thank god.

4. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

No prob! I was actually quite surprised at how well that worked when I did it. Still has hangups from time to time, but loads better than what it first was like after updating to iOS4.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Might go ahead and jailbreak soon, now that it's even more painless.

And man, even a couple of months in and I'm still just loving this screen. I am happy every time an app updates with support for the screen resolution. Awesome display.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Whistle Phone

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

8. Lil Pun

BTW, I've received notification that my free case has shipped.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Wow took a while. After I signed up the first day I got mine in a week.

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

So has there been a hack released for tethering w/ unlimited data?

11. The_Yoyo

there is a program called mywi its 20 bucks makes your phone into a hotspot

anyone know when the 4.0.2 jailbreak will be out...i had to restore my phone last night and it automatically updated my OS

12. Lil Pun

Yeah, I signed up like a week or two after so I am not surprised.

13. sw4real

sw4real Contributing Member

If you bought this brand new, I'd strongly urge you go return it. Next gen iPod Touch will be released next month for similar price to current one.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Probably not for a while. You can downgrade the OS if you saved your SHSH's on Cydia.

15. The_Yoyo

yeah i did i am gonna have to do that tongiht i just found a site that shows how to do it

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I just did it the other night. I'm on a 3GS and just didn't like the 4.0 software. The jailbreak put this blemish on my screen when the phone loaded (disappeared after os loaded) and a lot of the apps i jailbreak for (quickreply, for one) just weren't working. Went back to 3.1.2 -- I'll have to wait it out until I can get my hands on a Ip4 :)

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. Lil Pun

Can somebody explain why they would ship my case from Millington, TN (which is an hour away from my residence) to Georgia and have it delivered 7 days later?

[​IMG]

19. The_Yoyo

^ this happens a lot depending on who Apple uses for its delivery services. The factory in TN will ship in bulk the cases to Georgia at the delivery hub so its easier to sort and ship to their respective destinations. Its just not your case that was shipped from TN to Georgia.

It looks silly but its generally a lot more efficient when its a large volume.

What was silly was I ordered tickets once off of stubhub and the guy was here in LA and there is a small fedex hub in LA and they shipped it off to Memphis only to have it return back to LA the next day.

DoD I saw the revert back to 4.0 with an iphone 3G I tried actually doing it last night there was similar guide for the iphone 4 apparently but it didnt work it just forced my phone to keep rebooting back so I had re-restore 4.0.2 on there. I guess I'll have to wait till the jailbreak is out for it. Sucks it wont be as easy as going to the website anymore but it still probably wont be too difficult

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Just a heads up for iPhone users.

I got MobileMe on a discount when I bought my MacBook, now it ran out, and instead of paying 100 bucks to renew, I got a renewal code on amazon.com for about 69 bucks.... a decent discount for anyone looking to pick up the service.