1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple's WWDC 2010 (new iPhone)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 30, 2010.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Like they have it every year... rumors floating that there will be an iPhone with Verizon... and now with HD and multitasking, along with a front facing camera. Sources: WSJ and Daring Fireball.

http://gizmodo.com/5504935/rumored-...t-facing-camera-multitasking?skyline=true&s=i

http://gizmodo.com/5504823/rumor-two-new-iphones-one-for-verizon?skyline=true&s=i

I'm not buying an iPhone "4G" if it doesn't have significant hardware changes that 3Gs didn't fulfill last year. I'll settle for an android phone then.

Kinda early, but let the speculation begin.

Courtesy of Luckyazn:

[​IMG]

They had something similar like this last year for the 3Gs before it came out...

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

wait, another maybe converted iPhone to Android? this makes me smile every time I see/hear this :)

3. YaosDirtyStache

Seriously the iPhone is over rated...Android is the way to go, much larger network capabilities on top of that the Android system is on many phones that are far superior spec wise than the iPhone.

CONVERT my people to the right side.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I almost hate keeping up with these threads in here because you have to sift through all the people who are just in there to bash. Really, who cares what phone others use? They all have strengths and weaknesses, and some prefer some features to others... I can't imagine being glad that other people converted away from another phone, or to the phone that I choose... or even pretending that I know what the best phone for other people would be.

All that being said, I think a front facing camera is a smart move for them on the iphone, and an upgraded ipad especially. We shall see.

Regardless, I'm not getting one, as I upgraded recently, but I would be curious to see if they make any significant improvements. Doesn't matter if it takes you to the moon (that's no moon) though, some people will find ways to hate it .

5. ItsMyFault

What are you talking about?

6. Dave2000

Droid being on Verizon?

theres no hate from me on iPhone, I'm just one of those that doesnt want to get what everybody has, and looks for an alternative thats kinda like it and has their own kinks that I prefer more, and thats Android for me

your going to get bashing either way, PS3/360, Honda/Toyota, In-n-Out/Whataburger, and the beat goes on......

7. ItsMyFault

I don't understand how the droid has "much larger network capabilities." Verizon may be more reliable than AT&T in their network for coverage, but the only phone right now that has larger network capabilities above any phone is that Evo 4G from Sprint.

I know what you mean though about the

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Not even remotely close to the same. True, but not even close to comparable.

and...

Why does it make you smile?

9. ItsMyFault

Jeez, everything seems to malfunctioning today... I didn't even push enter.

Anyways, I know what you mean about not getting a phone that everyone has. I personally don't care about OS preference. I'm fine with getting an Android phone, just as long as I am satisfied with the hardware. I really do like the Android OS, but I don't think I want to switch carriers from AT&T to Verizon or Sprint (which I formally had, they sucked ass).

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i have android, and until there is monopoly and scrabble, it sucks

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

My 3G iPhone is ready to bite the dust. But I'm biding my time until I figure out what market I'm moving to and what carriers will be available for iPhone before I decide to re-up with ATT.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Good. Maybe I can be gainfully employed by the time this comes out and I can upgrade my OG Iphone to a new one.

Although I'd have to say for a phone that is 3 years old it has been very reliable and still works great.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The worst part of the phone...is the phone. I just want to make a quality phone call. Can they add "make quality phone calls that don't drop and crackle" as a feature? Guess not.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Verizon iPhone Is Not on the Near Horizon
    By Scott Moritz, Staff Reporter , On Tuesday March 30, 2010, 11:38 am EDT

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The prospect of a Verizon iPhone has sparked more speculation, more analysis and a big new high for Apple's stock.

Apple is once again reported to be preparing production of a CDMA iPhone that would be compatible with the networks of Verizon and Sprint, according to a report Monday by The Wall Street Journal.

The report revives rumors of a Verizon iPhone, and by Tuesday analysts weighed in with their own take on the potential development.

Few analysts, however, see the iPhone landing at Verizon this year.

15. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I still have my G1 and since I rooted the g1 it will keep me satisfied until my contract runs out in October.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

that's due to att's crap service more than anything else

17. Dave2000

Just gaining another Android user, that's all

Btw, how is android/iPhone OS not comparable?

#17 Dave2000, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Whatever the hell it is, I hope it has a larger screen. I was out of town over the weekend and gave myself a headache trying to read and post on the BBS. It'd help some if we had a mobile version of ClutchFans. Some of us can't read the tiny type as good as we used to. Anyway, I want a larger screen on a thinner iPhone.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Well then you're in luck!

[​IMG]

;)

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe if I can find a pair of pants with a big enough pocket (and Apple adds a phone!). :p ;)