1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple's genius people are not very nice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Just in my immediate family, we have bought 5 iPhones, and an iPad.

the iPhone 4s (plural) has had a couple of issues. power button failure, home button failure and now the mic goes dead during a call.

So I took it to the store and was like are these phones made to last at all?

The genius dude was like well there are other options you have like switching to blackberry, android, or windows phones.

I was like well what's the issue with my phone? He said it's ATTs fault and not a hardware issue. he resetted my network settings. :rolleyes:

So he goes what do I expect apple to do to resolve the issue? I was like I don't know, you're the genius. He said well we have established that it's not a hardware issue so even if you swap it out, you're not going to resolve the issue.

I actually walked in to get 2 iPhone 5s because I am 'due' for an upgrade. I guess I have to explore my options. I am not saying other companies don't have issues, but I just expected a little more of "we are sorry for the inconvenience, let's see what we can do..and not "our hardware is perfect, it's u..it's att..u can go elsewhere"

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think the iWatch is going to work out.

I want to wear a nice watch, not a nerdy computer

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what an entertaining tale filled, with vivid descriptions and amazing re-enactments. Felt like I was there.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cool story genius

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Have you tried rebooting?

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

How do I do that?

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

hold down the power key, when you hear it beep twice say "reset". You'll have to hold it down for a long time.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Apple is out of ideas. They went with Jobs. Now Apple says to themselves, "why was Jobs so successful?" Answer, he took everything that didn't work for Microsoft and added an Apple touch to it to make it successful. Since Microsoft couldn't make a watch that people wanted to buy, well it had to be the next logical choice, right?

I love the concept of a smartwatch, but right now I'm perfectly happy with my Nike Fuel band. If you told me I would spend 2x my fuel band price and get some neat features, even as techie as I am, I would pass on it. That goes doubly if Microsoft decided to get back in the watch game.

9. TheresTheDagger

Arrogant company is arrogant.

Its no surprise this filters down to the employees.

10. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I dislike Apple as much as the next guy who's not a 13-25 year old female, but this kind of stuff happens with any large chain.

As many customer service reps as that company has, there's bound to be a few bad...um, apples...in the bunch

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

do not buy apple products they are evil so so help me god amen jesus hail mary and animal collective singing cover songs of beyonce.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Doesn't exactly sound like you went in with a great attitude yourself.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You certainly get what you give many times

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have had a couple of poor experiences with "geniuses." But most of my experiences have been perfectly fine. It always sucks when you get the ________, though.

15. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rksCTVFtjM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I was like...."

You seriously typed that?

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds like you were a dick. Never have had any issues with Apple.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I was perfectly nice. in the beginning. I only got "irritated" when he said let me go clean out the microphone and this is what he said "you might have done this already but we have a special way of cleaning out the mics". I thought to myself...you mean blow the dust out with a can of compressed air?"

my next irritating sentence was when i said how the phones were all getting messed up and it's starting to get irritating. so he suggest i go to android.