1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple vs. Android vs. Windows Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cml750, Jul 16, 2016.

?

Which phone do you prefer?

1. Apple Phone

37 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Android Phone

73 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Windows Phone

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This, all this.

As fsr as the speakers go, the Oneplus isn't even stereo, whereas the Axon is stereo and front facing with a dedicated audio chip. That's huge to me.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

All Ima say is, Motorola sucks.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

To be fair, the One Plus 3 has a fantastic built in DAC so headphone audio is damn good. It's just that while audio quality is quite good, the fact that the speaker is side mounted means it will never compete with ZTE's front facing speakers.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

If its not an IPhone it most likely sucks.....

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They aren't the only ones, sadly.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nixing the 3.5 audio jack should eventually lead to phones that are more resistant to water damage. Should... I'm not holding my breath though.

Also, Bluetooth headphones are a life changer. After using a pair for an hour or two you'll forget all about the audio jack. I can see how losing the ability to easily connect an aux cable might suck for some.

7. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Patiently waiting for the iPhone 7 to drop. I've been using the 5S for the last 2 + years and still works like a charm. I probably wouldn't be saying the same if it were another type of phone.

Team iPhone, sumamabiches.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The other 2 advantages of the One Plus 3 is 6 gigs of RAM and UFS 2.0 storage.
    Add that with a pretty stock clean version of Andriod, Snapdragon 820 and 1080p, the one plus 3 probably is the smoothest and quickest experience on Andriod now.

9. Dei

Dei Member

I'm using this http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_go_zc500tg-7368.php. Something I picked up on a recent trip to Asia for $120. Works great and I love it for the value.

I'm as a tech geek as it goes but I've never found phones very alluring. My phone's far from top of the line but, personally, past a certain point - at least 4.7" screen even if it's just 720p, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal with expansion, good build quality - they're all the same to me. They are all practically equal running the same apps. It's not like with PC where you game or do computational work with for the specs to matter that much.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was going to buy the 7 but apple screwed us and will be giving us a weak update. Next year's iPhone is supposed to be the real redesign.

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

As long as the regular iPhone 7 camera has optical image stabilization, I'll be getting it... I'm upgrading from a flip-phone and would've grabbed a 6s, but no OIS was a dealbreaker. I just kinda want an iPhone so it can sync with my iPad easily and because I want to keep the phone a long time... Apple seems to support their devices longer than most Android devices are supported.

Sort of ironic, since I'm really not an Apple fan. Kinda wish I'd just grabbed an android tablet instead when I was buying my first tablet, but the iPad Air 2 was just the nicest device out there. Now I'm in their ecosystem, having bought a bunch of apps, with no plans to ditch the Air 2 anytime soon.

Though if there's no OIS in the regular iPhone 7 (I do not want a phablet), not sure what I'd do. I might bite the bullet and get an Android phone at that point.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

They say that every year. About every phone. Its always some incremental minor upgrade. The only exception about Apple is when Tim Cook finally went against Steve Jobs belief that people didnt want bigger screens.

My company reimburses me for my phone bill up to a certain amount. The only reason why I get a new phone every year is Verizon usually buys out my old device which allows me to get a new phone. If it was out of my own pocket, I'd pay it off and keep my old device.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is sooo true!

14. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

wait. so is there is new phone coming out this year from Apple?