1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September Event, who is keeping up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Major

Major Member

Agreed - this is the part I don't understand. Everyone says Apple people are snooty/arrogant/etc, but you rarely ever see Apple people caring about Android users and what they are doing. It always seems to be that everyone else is the one that has an obsessive need to say "my device is superior to your (pick an Apple device)!".

Use what you like. Most people like Windows/PCs. Some people like Macs. Lots of people like iPhones or iPads. Others like Androids. Who the hell cares what someone else uses?

2. Amir's Johnson

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;If you see a stylus, they blew it.” -Steve Jobs, 2010</p>&mdash; Ryan Block (@ryan) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryan/status/641665331514118144">September 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

how to charge the ipencil.

[​IMG]

seriously. that's it? :confused:

4. Major

Major Member

Phone <> Tablet.

5. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

It's almost as if they're 2 different products :eek:

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only thing worth talking about is the pressure sensitive touch. Everything else is meh.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

I have been using iPhones since 2009. For the first 2-3 years I waited for the next big Android phone and then spend months waiting for the windows phones.

Apple's power over the carriers is actually a good thing for consumers. I don't have to wait months for updates that ATT may or may not feel like pushing out.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Who is getting the ipad pro!! And why?

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'll likely buy it or the new MacBook Air once it's revealed in October as a Christmas present for my wife.

Why? Because she deserves it.

10. hlcc

hlcc Member

Time for me to jump back to the iOS wagon for a while, been using various Android devices for the past 3 years (Note 2 => HTC One => Nexus 5 => Sony Z Ultra => Note 4)

Will probably get a 64gb iPhone 6S Plus.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

A new macbook air is coming? Whaaat.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

#1...Surface RT doesn't exist anymore and wasnt 12.9 inches when it did.
    #2 ....Surface RT SUCKED.....big time and couldn't compete with the iPad.
    #3.....The iPad Pro is not aimed at the same Market as the Surface RT. Same market as the Surface 3 and Surface 3 pro.
    #4....Battery like for the Surface2 and 3 is around 7.9 hours. iPad Pro is 10 hours.....get your facts straight.

There is a specific market for this iPad.......obviously u are not it.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A Stylus is not need on iPhone.

iPad Pro is a different product. That what the Pencil is designed for.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't see the iPad Pro being worth it for me at that price. Rather just spend that money towards an actual laptop like the MacBook Pro. The iPad Air line is just fine for me at the price it sells for.

I'll probably get the AppleTV, not sure whether I should shell out the extra $50 for the 64 GB version or not. Kind of disappointing that it doesn't come with HDMI 2.0 or 4k Support. Other devices, albeit with a lesser software, cost half as much or less so for a product at this price, you'd think they would've included 4k support. Otherwise, I think it'll be pretty neat with the app ecosystem that already exists with iOS.

The iPhone was just as expected. They spent 40 minutes trying to hype up 3D Touch to sell the developers/media/consumers, but it's really just a minimal update like the typical S line for iPhone always usually is. Camera improvement is solid, but the camera has always been excellent on the iPhone. I think I'll wait out for the new Nexus.

15. dback816

dback816 Member

And it looks amazing.

Or rather, they're making it sound like it's amazing.

But I already have a Surface Pro 3

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'll stick to my 5S and then wait for the 7. 3d Touch is probably only a little bit better than long-pressing. I did not see any other innovations that made me want to upgrade.

The best thing from that conference was the Apple TV. I may consider purchasing that. The remote was the biggest innovation that Apple made. It outclasses any other remote that is out there on the market.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

So does the 3d touch have a click to it? Kind of like a button press? If so, that's pretty neat.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But, that's really only within the last 5 years... in response to Apple overtaking their market share across the board.

So, they've become more "apple-like", and yet its still considered pansy-ish to enjoy apple products because they weren't the "first" to do it or didn't completely innovate the technology from scratch.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not really... you have to be somewhat tech savvy to implement those features if you're a windows user. And as it is, if you're using the browsers that come with most PC-based systems, you're not automatically synced up to anything.

While Apple may streamline its users 'choices', it ensures that the things most people use the most in life (text, browsing, e-mail) are virtually identical and communicate across all devices.

By no means am I a fan-boy... I'm still a windows user for work and other purposes... but I just find the apple interface across devices makes things much easier.