1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September 2016 Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Sep 7, 2016.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about WhatsApp? I've found it to be ubiquitous abroad and a fine replacement for iMessage.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Good for you. You'll no longer be the one guy screwing up all the group messages and the quality of the pics/videos in it because you're on an Android phone.

Every group message has at least one. :grin:

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I'm guessing you don't have T-Mobile because I can't seem to get to the step of upgrading for the iPhone. Lists other phones but not the iPhone.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm with Verizon.

I've seen others saying to try the apps when things aren't working on the Apple or carrier websites. Does T-Mobile have an app that you can use to try and order it?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nickel and dime is Apple's Mantra. They get to you somehow even after buying the main product.

I think that's been the case for nearly every product.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yup! That is one thing I love about Androids. Pretty much any standard will work on them.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lol wtf

[​IMG]

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol, fits in perfectly with all the memes of 80 connectors daisy chained.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I got an order through TMobile.com but yes they are having issues. They're waving all fees to order via phone so you can just call them and order as well.

Also that trade in deal through TMobile is fantastic. I bought a $50 iphone 5s and I'm trading that in for $400 in bill credits plus $59 in trade in value so that's going to pay off big time.

11. geeimsobored

Its fine as an iMessage replacement but much of my family has stopped using it. I'm literally the only one with an iphone so everyone just uses iMessage and leaves me out (or adds me in and I break the message in some way as a non iMessage user).

Also I've tried Duo as a video replacement for facetime and while it's a good start, it simply isn't at the same spot as facetime. Facetime manages video and audio compression at a superior level. And the reality is that when I travel, I'm stuck with low bandwidth connections that require optimized video and audio.

In the case of facetime audio, their compression is so good that I can make a reasonably reliable facetime audio call over a 128k throttled data connection (with high ping) that you get with TMobile's free international roaming.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Apple was stuck in between phone transitions. They were not ready to produce the phone they really wanted, so the iPhone 7 is the stop game. The headphone jack removal actually prepares for the iPhone 8. People are question that because u can't charge and listen (without an adapter or wireless) at the same time. Obviously, Apple's wireless charging wasnt ready for the iPhone (apple watch has it). It is also possible they are holding things back for the iPhone 8. It is supposed to have wireless charging, no home button, curve OLED Glass, Iris scanning, and a total redesign. Removing the headphone jack makes more sense with that phone.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Until it drops out of your ear when you're running and you crush it by stepping on it.

14. geeimsobored

Or even better, you walk down a street and someone grabs them off your ears and runs. They are $160 after all. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It is simply easier to steal and sell a top line smartphone than the airpods. Not to mention they would get more for it too. But you don't hear about rampant phone stealing everywhere. Sure it happens, but at no higher a rate than any other thievery.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't know all the details, but have you considered getting any ipad and keeping the android? Might have to buy a tethering app like FoxFi.

17. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

facetime audio calls on t-mobile's international data is great.

18. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

It's a mess out there. And T-Mobile.com is showing a November delivery if I were to order now.

I'm just gonna wait it out a couple weeks if I have to. I've had my iPhone 5 close to 3 years so what's another couple weeks

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This feels very likely.

20. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah I am on the other side of that. It sucks when the iphone guys chime in and their text messages come through as an attachment. Google does a good job of making apps and functions that play well with others. Apple makes sure to keep things difficult but works extremely well if you use their devices.