1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple Products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Dec 13, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

Apple was caught and fined coding its iPhones to bug out so you’d upgrade. (To be fair so was Samsung) This happened a year or so back.

It’s ok to not be a lapdog for a company. Brand loyalty is for baby boomers. Go with what does the job best. I tried the Apple ecosystem. It sucked (imo) and going to something that works better for me.

CCity Zero, Andre0087 and Xerobull like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don’t have to convince me that tech companies have their business models in a higher priority over consumers. No ****, I worry what governments can see more than tech companies and the most secure phone is the iPhone PERIOD. Android is compromised.

3. MystikArkitect

Yup. I’m the paranoid tinfoil hat guy.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

What?

I keep up with tech stuff daily and I did not hear or read this..
    If you are referring to the battery throttling, they did it for "good" reason but the way the went about not disclosing it made it look shady.

But please post evidence of this apple coding iphones to bug out...

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not very smart, are you? Google only care about tracking you so they can sell your data to advertisers for ads. iPhone is MUCH more secure than any Android phone. There is a reason the FBI is constantly trying to fight for a backdoor into IOS. That "Walled Garden" people b**** about is more than the 30% Apple gets. It allows them to prevent malware from getting to people's phones. You start allowing side-loading of apps and downloads from 3rd parties.....your security goes out the window.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

sorry for necro bump...just did a quick search for apple....anyways..

anyone have any idea why all the photos from my iphone won't transfer over to my PC? i was able to get to the DCIM folder and it shows all my photos on there but when i copy and paste the pics to my desktop only a handful of pictures will transfer over.

trying to get my photos off there before i trade in my phone to upgrade.

thanks

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don’t for a second believe that forced obsolescence is ever a “good” reason. By all means, state your rebuttal, but please accept my request to agree to disagree.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Such an old post but I will respond nonetheless...
    Conspiracy theorist will say they did it for planned obsolescence...because it fits the narrative.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

late but

imaging this going through the patent office

donkeypunch likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You need an Apple computer now, haha not serious,- so when you copy the pictures what's the number at? like a ton at once or does it work if you do a handful at a time. Also, when it doesn't copy them all are there any errors (and how long does the copy window stay up)?

Lastly what version of the phone do you have?

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Only cost Apple half a billion dollars to settle the conspiracy theorist lawsuit. I’m sure they have additional PR material claiming their innocence.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Where exactly are you going with this?
    Buy their products if you like it, if you don't go buy something else. Plenty of other options. :cool:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

scroll down for PC instructions.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Have you tried directly sending the photos from the phone to, like, Google Drive or another storage option?

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

im doing this now. i couldnt figure anything else out. looks like prime has unlimited storage so guess i'll go that route for time being. i just need the photos somewhere before i return the device for the apple trade in

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I might be wrong, but anything you save to Apple's own service, should show up on other Apple devices too, right? Provided you have another Apple product, that is.

But if you don't, and if you save the photos to your account, the photos should be there on future devices, right?

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

So any Apple Store peeps know when the website updates their stock during the day? Doing last minute shopping and trying to get the Airpods Max as a gift. Have page monitor setup for both ATT and Verizon. Pretty much sol? o_O