1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apple] iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 28, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Unless they make the screen bigger there is no reason for a 5s -- the current performance specs of the 5 are strong.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't understand the need for a screen that is just short of being a full sized tablet. Next, you'll want it to have a cord and a rotary dialer.

3. SunsRocketsfan

umm who wouldnt.. the S4 is two whole generations after the 4s.
    4s is comparable to the S2.

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Apple has long feasted on sales for incremental upgrades. They add a feature or two and people drool over it. So long as people keep buying they'll stick to that strategy.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iPhone 5C = the color/cheap one?

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It has a cheap plastic look to it.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

In omg Samsung is crap, it feels like plastic! Apple is so innovative with their plastic phones!

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

ya it looks like there's two models coming this time.

5C (plastic/colors) and 5S.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

Very interesting move for Apple. It'll definitely sell, but seems to go completely against the "high-end" philosophy. They'll never call it a budget phone, so it'll be fascinating to see how they market it.

A necessary move to ensure dominance of the app ecosystem.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Agreed.

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

The fingerprint reader under the home button will change your tune. For those of us with required lock screen PIN codes and a veritable mess of Internet passwords, this will be a godsend. Incremental features FTW, I guess. It's the Apple way.

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I love apple and apple products but this is a deal breaker for me for privacy issues. That's why I will never have a kinect in my house either.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What's wrong with Kinect?

15. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Fingerprint scanner is very gimmicky to me. I have no problems typing in a password every so often just for the added security. Besides, there's no way most companies would even allow such a weak mode of protection on a device that contains confidential emails, so I fail to see any practical use of it by people that would legitimately need it.

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Riiiight. As opposed to the 4-digit code we use today... or the fantastic Android swipe password?

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's secure. :rolleyes:

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Have you ever used an Android device for work before? I have, and I can tell you that gestures are disabled by most companies. I'll take the pin or short password any day of the week over the swipe or fingerprint scanner any day of the week. I stand firmly by the idea that the scanner is a gimmick.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why would you think a fingerprint scanner would be a "gimmick?" I don't imagine Apple will have one unless it works beautifully, and I also assume that they will allow that feature to be disabled if someone doesn't want to use it. Personally, I'd love to be able to use a fingerprint scanner. I hate having to keep track of my passwords.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

haha can't wait for tv shows to run with fingerprint scanner on a phone plot.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I personally find the fingerprint scanner is a gimmick. Using cheap scanning chips gives a false sense of security. I agree that Apple only survives off incremental add ons. It is primarily one of the reasons why I have stayed away from the Iphone. I don't want yesterdays technology touted as the cutting edge. Its amazing how people will stick with brand loyalty to feel 'hip'.