1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apple] iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ptR91

ptR91 Member

i charge my phone to 90% - 100% before i sleep every night.

Ha. i don't even use her!

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Sorry to bring this thread back, but just wanted to get an opinion.

I've never had a smartphone before, and thinking of getting the iPhone.

Which should I get?

Is the 5s significantly better than the 5c?

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This website has everything you need!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+5s+review

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He asked for a CLUTCHFANS opinion, not some random internet guy's opinion.

You are a douche.

1 person likes this.
  5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You should get which ever one fits your needs. Also, the answer to the second question is YES.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Go with samsung mainn

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

don't go with Samsung. I have a Samsung. First time smartphone buyer, go with the iPhone 5s. Yes, the 5s is worth the money over the 5c

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is the 5c a worthy first smartphone for an older parent? While the 5s may be better for those used to iPhones and iOS, I feel like the 5c will be best for someone learning the ropes who won't intensely use the thing at all.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If that's what you're looking for, maybe go with a 4 or 4s? Excellent phones that can probably be had for cheaper now that the 5's are out. I would still be happily using my 4s if my contract didn't expire right as the 5 was coming out.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm due for an upgrade on my iPhone 4, too and am not sure sure if I'd gift one to my mother. After installing iOS 7, it feels like some kind of kill-switch was engaged on my phone: shorter battery life, much longer load times and bugs that cause the phone to restart without warning.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol iPhone has nothing on Samsung. The screen is tiny while the phone gets longer

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

And, that's a bad thing, because...? :confused:

It's a phone, man, not a computer or a tablet. If you want a larger screen to play Angry Birds, just get a tablet. There are better PHONES, but there are much better TABLETS, and things that will suit a person's needs. Not everyone wants a huge screen. For those of us that don't, we can have even a flip phone and we'd be OK with it. You know? It's a matter of preference. :cool:

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

I never fully appreciated the simplicity of iOS till my work gave me a samsung S4. i refuse to use that thing. It feels like all i do is sit there and clear useless notifications about random sh**. every 10 mins there's a "new offer" from tmobile. dont forget the 1000 preloaded apps from samsung.

sure, i hate the iphone's screen but i hate the clunky mess that is touchwiz...and android.

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yup. Me too. I nearly sold my S3 and went back to Apple until a friend convinced me to put a ROM on it. I tried out about 4 and found a popular one that I like and was well supported. Been good this past year.

15. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah, Touchwiz is garbage. I only fully appreciated Android until I got the stock experience. However to be perfectly honest, I just returned my Nexus 5. I prefer my Moto X to it, and quite frankly, I'm probably going back to Windows Phone.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

android is no clunky mess... Touch wiz however is a different story.

17. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

My niece got a 5s over the weekend. I got to play with it for a bit...wow it's so tiny. I guess I'm spoiled by my Note 2.

18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Android isn't your problem, TouchWiz is. Try a Nexus device and see how your opinion changes.

19. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

5c is a good phone. I love its build quality and probably would've purchased it if it had the chipset of the 5s.

I love my 5s – it's ridiculous in many ways. You in Houston? If so, email me through the board.

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

5c is a good phone, and it may suit your needs considering you are just getting started with a smartphone. I appreciate the build and future proofed specs/speed of the 5S more (and Touch ID) but you'll get a similar experience either way. Comes down to what the $100 difference is worth to you.