1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

It s been a while since I wrote but I would like to publicly appologize for bashing walt williams. The wizard looks like a new man, he even plays a bit of d. Now that I have that off my chest, where the hell is dan langhi? I thought he was goin to be pushin walt for the starting job. So does anyone know why he hasnt done much in these preason games? I love carlos rogers. I think he will be the x factor in the regular season. If he stays healthy, he s goin to do some things. Then again remember cato last preseason and was a no show during the regular season. Still i think rogers will do good if he gets his pt. I simply love his all out effort and hustle. Well thats all for now folks. Long live the rockets!!!!!!!

------------------

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

imo...Langhi is showing some confusion with the system and what he should be doing. Consider in college he always got the ball. Now he is supposed to be running around on the weak side. He looks uncomfortable. And I have seen Francis and Mobley somewhat yelling at him for not moving correctly, and have seen Rudy do one of those "turn away" grimaces once when Langhi blew the motion because he was supposed to shoot and passed instead.

imo, Langhi will receive no significant playing time as Rudy will groom him slowly. He certainly will not be playing if he continue to display confusion over where he should be. On the good side, Bullard is excellent at executing motion, so Langhi has a perfect mentor for his role.

As for Carlos, go into Clutch's game archives from last year. Read the first 10 games. Clutch keeps mentioning how great Los was early. What we are seeing is exactly what he did last year before his injuries.

3. treeman

treeman Member

Both Lanky and Collier will take time to develop. I wouldn't expect either to get anything but trash minutes this season... Unless there's an accident/injury...

Langhi has potential as a mainly-shooting / sometimes slashing SF/SG. No bulk, so back off...

Collier has some agility, as well as a shooting touch (when he's in the mood?) that disappears on a NBA court.

But it just takes time, right?

(to think, Najera and Pryzxcx.. billa.)

I dunno. Benefitadoubt...

------------------

4. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

Langhi's never going to be a SG, esp. for us. In fact, the coaching staff is trying to add some bulk to him so he can play some PF.

------------------

5. rock

rock Member

All I have to say is Langhi is going to go on a Thomas Hamilton diet to bulk up. He is a stick! Langhi playing any minutes as SG and PF is out of the question. He just needs to get used to the system.

------------------