1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AP]Yao hires former Rockets strength coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Even Larry Bird, who had one of the greatest work ethics in NBA history, said that he was motivated by Magic Johnson.

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Most american players were taking vacations in the summer then working on their individual games. Yao was busting his ass playing for the Chinese National Team. Not working as hard as he could? If you say so...

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Geez, you'd probably have to be really provoked to punch out a ball-boy. The ball-boy knows he's provoking the strength coach... hmm. Too weird if true.

4. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

some of those "ball boys" are not kids

5. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

i know a guy who was a ball boy this year for the rox who was 21

6. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

Most of the ballboys for the Rockets are over 21. Maybe not most. A good number of them are.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Dang, I saw CD at IAH today, he was on his way to Chicago (predraft camp?), asked about Falsone, he confirmed but I didn't ask why. He had the I'm too busy/Ignore thing going on (ok, maybe he really was but he had the act amped up a bit).

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Ah too bad. I still think it's strange. I'm trying to picture Yao going home one day and telling his Mom that Falsone punched out a ball boy, got fired and Yao hired him. Given Yao's sense of humor I'm surprised he didn't hire the ball boy too. :D

9. user

user Member

Maybe he did make the offer but the ball boy turned it down :)

10. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I had lunch with Falsone today, and he most certainly did not puch a ball boy. In fact he laughed when I mentioned it to him, and he had said he had heard this as well. He didn't know where the story came from.

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Cool, so what happened then??

12. stevel

He wanted to spend more time with his family.

13. Silk

Silk Member

So his family is going to china with him for every summer the rest of Yao's career?

I think the earlier idea sounds more true, about the rockets having him resign so that he can work out yao during the offseason and season if the lockout persists.

14. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

JVG: "Is anyone here a marine biologist!?"

15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I always liked the idea when someone in sports says he wants to spend more time with the family like: Jordan, Drexler..............:rolleyes:

16. stevel

He will spend some time in China in the summers, but he will not travel with Yao during the season when the team goes on the road, thus creating more time for him to spend at home. BTW, anyone that knows Falsone will tell you he would NEVER hit anyone - period. The dude is about 5'7" and about 165-170 lbs. While he is in terrific shape, he ain't a fighter.

#36 stevel, Jun 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

who cares what his MO is???...yAO, now you talk like dream>>this is what is needed 24/7u go boy !!!!!

18. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

Yao and Falsone's height: 7'5" vs 5"7'

See the beauty in that?

19. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

of course he is not going to admit that he hit a ballboy, you can believe whatever you want, he was fired

20. stevel

Again, I have known him for 16 freakin years. He would have zero reason to lie to me. If he told me he punched a ball boy I probably wouldn't have said anything in this thread. It bugs me to see people spread false rumors about someone. When I told him the other day what I had read, he laughed and said he had heard the same thing too - didn't know where it came from. He resigned because there is ALOT of pressure working with these guys, and alot of B-ball players are not the most motivated when it comes to weight training/conditioning - especailly some of the past players.

I am sure that Falsone is making good money from Yao and Yao is his ONLY responsibility - much easier job. I am not sure why that is hard for some to understand.