1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone who saw tonight's game knows it wasn't House's Fault for his play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Mar 20, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s the Leveon Bell of the g league

D-rock likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

How’s the foundation

topfive and RudyTBag like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cleverly disguised fire D'Antoni post?

DreamShook likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he bounces back. We can’t afford a guy that plays with fear like he has the last two games. He needs to emulate PJ and start putting a body on people. He is sorely mistaken If he thinks he is some kind of Reggie Miller.

ak99999, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

you don't have to worry about paying House. He will get minimum offers because teams see his limitations.

tinman likes this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Agreed, but I think it also has something to do with NBA defenses keying on guys once they show they can be effective for the Rockets. Coaches notice things in film and decide that they’ll shut it down and let Harden get his; hope is he doesn’t go off for 61 or something ridiculous like last night. The Rockets only counter is more Harden until they can find another exploit; pretty much why CP3 was so important to this team as it gave them an alternative when Harden was off or on the bench. Just need to be willing to use CP3 more when Harden is truly off; Paul changes the dynamic of the offensive flow which makes it difficult on the defense to adjust.

Rockets used to employ this strategy for the first three-peat Jordan Bulls; let Maxwell guard MJ one-on-one and D up everyone else. Usually worked too as Jordan would get his, but the Rockets would limit everyone else. I believe the Rockets were 5-1 during that stretch.

tinman, Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Teams probably have time to figure them out in the Rockets' offense or figure out how to abuse them on defense.

tinman, Patience and napalm06 like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So I was right. It's Harden's fault.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We've seen this enough deeper in the playoffs when elite teams take away the shooter's first or second favorite spot.

Guys like Tucker originally had no business taking a three, but to their credit, became credible threats when they're at their favorite spots.

Most of these guys start freaking out and deferring to the point where they still defer late game when they have an open shot in their spot. "Haven't found my rhythm." "Lost my nerves." "I have three good moves, but harden has six."

Even worse is if they just stand around like they have front row seats to the Harden Show.

Last year, MDA emphasized player confidence and Trust the System, and it seemed to carry the team deeper. I think the previous squads would've folded after getting blown out a few times and look to exit without getting embarassed.

DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If anything, a bunch of clear mistakes by House in that game brought him down to earth a bit.

I was afraid his ego was getting too big for playing so well.

D-rock likes this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's needs to have crazy confidence like Green. When people don't have the confidence to shoot in this system, they become a detriment. Ariza took shoots even when his shot wasn't falling because he knew it was important to do so in the system. Austin Rivers needs to learn how to jack up some shots also.

Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Except Max held Jordan under his season average

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I hope Morey won’t overpay him . We want to pay him what he’s worth not what he thinks he’s worth.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Daniel House should sign with Big Baller Brand
    He’s Lavars secret son

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

House played with very little confidence last game....still young and learning....this is why he should have signed that 3 year deal.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

looking good my man!