1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone wanna roll the "Dice"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GATER, Apr 24, 2002.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Get a glimpse of the future and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time...it will give you a preview of what you will get for Dice :D :D :D :D :D

2. NJRocket

I only hope you aren't lieing THIS time

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

ok I've posted this exact same trade on Realgm's trade board and It was blasted from all sides NJRocket

I didn't know Dice could opt out of his contract at the end of next year which totally screws this trade over

oops it wasn't the exact same trade
    but it was fairly close

really didn't go over well LOL

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=48801&forum=2

#83 lpbman, Apr 24, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  4. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

sweet. there is an ignore list.

5. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

thanks.

6. NJRocket

LPBman...if you look back at my 1st post on this topic...all i said was that the Nuggets would be foolish not to at least consider the deal because they are getting two high draft picks for a guy who WILL opt out next year. Im not saying anyone in their right mind would want Rice, but the 2 high picks are better than the nothing that Denver will get..something NUGZfan cant seem to understand or want to believe

7. Live

Live Member

GATER,

Clips should be under the cap, so they don't have to match $ for $. But you're right, Sterling's too cheap for that. (God, please step in and force Sterling to sell.)

NJ, Seattle, Charlotte - OK, a bit of a reach. But then again, there are rumors that the Nuggets will go after Kidd, i.e. McDyess definitely wants to be there for that!

But you get my point, there will be a line around the block for teams wanting to make an offer for Dice. Even the big boys like the Lakers and Spurs would probably take a chance.

BTW, I edited my post, admitting that #5 & #14 isn't that bad, but 'No Go' on Rice & therefore the trade since the Rocks have put themselves in a position to have to move big contracts.

Denver just has no reason to take him on, they would be better to just let Dice walk. That's basically what they did with NVE & Raef.

8. lpbman

lpbman Member

then what's the big hububub?

I agree if you can't rebuild a team with the 4/5 picks in a fairly deep draft something is wrong

but until the draft lottery there is nothing to consider

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Fairly close??? You made it a 3 way with Cleveland and admitted to biasing toward the Rockets. Gimme a break...at least put in the right trade for feedback.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, how embarassing is this thread?

There seems to be quite a bit of anamosity built up to the Nuggets fans on this board and, by extension, the Nuggets.

Lets ask outseleves another question, one perhaps not so steeped in name-calling:

What is McDyess' market value at this point? The closest parallell which I can think of was the trade of Shareef Abdur-Rahim to the Hawks last summer for the #3 pick, Lorenzen Wright, and Brevin Knight.

So, is McDyess worth more than Abdur-Rahim? I'm pretty sure that if healthy, McDyess is a player that most people would put in the same class. I personally would prefer him over Abdur-Rahim, as I think he was a better athlete and defender, though not quite the scorer.

On the other hand, I think that most GM's would be wary of trading for a player comming off a knee injury. Though he did manage to play in 10 games, he was not the McDyess of old, and he ended up having to go back on the DL.

I think Nuggets fans could perhaps think about how much Mo Taylor's stock has dropped from last season to perhaps get an idea on how much that might affect his trade value.

In short, I agree with the Nuggets proponents, who suggest that the original trade proposed here was not enough. I have to wonder, though, whether the Nuggets would in reality recieve any legitimate offers if they were shopping McDyess this offseason.

If he gets traded, I'd imagine that it would most likely occur durring next season when there is less uncertanty about his status, but then you have to concern yourself with issues like what if his knee injury has a lasting, perminant effect on his effectiveness, or what if he gets injured again and it becomes chronic.

I think, therefore, that if the Nuggets are secretly afraid of these contingencies, there is a very slim chance that McDyess might get unloaded in some sort of deal that leaves Denver in tears. Expecting any type of fruitfull discussion of such a trade here, however, is probably asking a bit much.

11. lpbman

lpbman Member

that was the way I remembered it anyway

that was a whole 2 weeks ago

besides it wasn't too biased
    :D

12. NJRocket

Where did NutzFace go? LA (liars anonymous) meeting? I crack myself up :D :D :D

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nugzfan would you do it for

#5 pick
    Cato
    and KT?

KT would be off the books if you dont want sign him. If you do then, you could have two big guys and a lottery pick. Doesnt seem that bad to me.

14. milo

milo Member

After reading this thread more carefully, I want to be Switzerland on this one:p

"Sure, there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious."
    Alan Winter

#94 milo, Apr 24, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Only redeeming post in this thread:

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think NugzFan is just playing by the mercy rule in exposing most of ya'll as childish dumbasses.

17. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Except, when it is your team! Forget McDonalds. What the hell has he ever done? Do you know that he was out the entire year? You act like he is a proven winner. You can keep him. As far as the trade is concerned. You are out of your mind if you do not jump on that deal. When did you become such an expert? Did you go to some school that we did not go to? Do you have a VIP card that allows you to go to the GM meetings? You are as BIASED as anyone on this board. You guys have one of the worst franchises in the league. Let's not even get on the race issues. You envision all those improvements on your team meanwhile you think we are not going to improve. The Rockets are a better team than the Nuggets and we will be better than them for the next 10 years.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

BBM joins the club too.

19. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

First of all, I just want to post before this thread gets locked by an admin. ;)

All NugzFan tried to do (albeit in his screwed up way) was point out that taking Rice on is stupid for us. Our plan is to keep caproom available for a superstar. Rice isn't a superstar. End of discussion.

03, that one is definately better, but I'm not sure that Kelvin Cato is what we're looking for either.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Denver can take any player on the rockets staff that they want along with our 2 picks with the exception of Francis, Mobley, and Griffen. Nuggets4, can you think of any mix of players that would match McDyess's salary that would be more enticing?

P.S. It's nice to have a civilized trade discussion without someone calling you an fool or an idiot.