1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone wanna roll the "Dice"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GATER, Apr 24, 2002.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Well, I have officially caught off-season Spring Fever. Here's a suggestion as to how the Rocks can get back to winning before moving into the new arena.

Trade the #5 pick + KT + Rice's contract to the Nuggets for Antonio McDyess. The Nuggs may also want the 14/15 in which case we counter by demanding their 26th (from Dallas for La Frentz) and their 2nd rounder (#33 non-guaranteed contract).

Can this lineup win?

5) Cato / EG / Dice (Collier)
    4) Dice / MoT / EG
    3) EG / TMo / (MCE / draft / Walt resigned)
    2) Cat / OT
    1) Steve / Mooch

OK, NugzFan & Nuggets4 - how's this look from your side. Other than the guaranteed 1st rounders, Rice's contract will be the only contract you have next summer. Talk about cap room!! (And don't forget, McDyess has a player option next summer!).

Dice gives us tons of options for frontcourt matchups, is a good rebounder and decent low post presence. From a business standpoint, the Rockets need to win now and the WC isn't getting weaker anytime soon.

#1 GATER, Apr 24, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

As long as Dice is healthy. I think the Nugz would be foolish not to do a deal like that. Dice has stated that he wants to play for a winner/team with a chance to win (Im not saying houston is that place, but i know for sure denver isnt either) and Denver will lose him for nothing eventually. Denver ends up getting cap room and possibly the 5th and 7th pick in the draft (and the 14th if that was included in the deal too)

The problem for Houston is that we are officially giving up on Mo T (which is , as you can imagine, fine with me). I dont know if Id do the deal unless we could give them Mo instead of Rice.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Don't try to get acceptance from Nutzfan for any trades involving the Nuggets. He thinks McDyess is Gods gift to basketball.

Really I think McDyess can be had for our 5th pick and 14th pick. Then send them KT, Rice, and Moochie to make the salaries balance. I think this should get it done. Anything more would be too much for a guy coming off injures.

4. The Real Shady

If we get Dice it doesn't necessarly mean we are giving up on Mo Taylor. I think he can be a nice backup getting about 30 minutes a game at the 4 and the 5. If we want to go big we can even stick him at the 3 sometimes.

5. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

oh hell no. i mean adding rice is a terrible idea although you have to, to match salaries. but there is no way we do it. not a chance - for the 5th pick - lose all that cap room AND dice? hell no.

yeah we know about the player option - which apparently means to other fans "we can offer whatever we want and denver has to take it"

please. :rolleyes:

6. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

excuse me? this trade blows and you know it.

and i certianly dont view dice like you view griff, mobley or francis. dont start that homer bullsh!t.

dice can be had for those two picks? no. then you make it worse by screwing our cap space (did you miss that whole denver-dallas blockbuster trade) with all those contracts?

please never post again without thinking.

face it, this has been talked about on this board to death. what you can offer for dice isnt enough. we just dont have things to trade for each other. what we need, you dont have.

think of 3 way deals.

7. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

no we dont lose him for nothing. that is the weakest arguement to back this trade. there are 27 other teams and 100s of better offers EASY.

this trade is horrible from our side. besides, he wont even resign in houston, so why would the rockets do it and waste the pick?!

8. NJRocket

you will end up losing him for a bag of sh*t...you just watch...Dice has ZERO interest in staying in a Nuggets uniform...WHEN, not if but WHEN you are FORCED to trade him so you dont lose him for nothing, it will be very similar to the trade we made for Pippen where you get some old socks and some future car washers so that you can clear some cap space and appease the fans...

and ps...Houston is definitely one of the places he WOULD re-sign for no other reason that it is where he lives.

9. Believe2000

Believe2000 Member

What about Ratliff instead of Mcdyess? We need a 5 and we need the #5. We could probably get him without giving up the pick. So KT + Rice + Mooch + #15 (That may be too much...) for Ratliff.

Then we snag Woods. If he is gone get Butler.
    Draft a player like Jiri Welsch or Juan Dixon that can play the 1 or the 2 with the 2nd rounder.

This is what you get.

5- Ratliff, Cato
    4- Eg, Mo
    3- #5, Morris, Williams?
    2- Mobley, Torres
    1- Francis, 2nd Rounder, Brown?

Still have the 5 Mil. for a veteran (Somebody big that can bang and board.) but what do you think?

Of course all this hinges on Ratliffs physical.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know if Atlanta has given up on Ratliff quite yet. Although I'd like to get him, I don't know if it's feasible.

11. The Real Shady

NugzFan:

LOL. What did I tell ya.

Look at one thing though Nutzfan. Look what the Rockets traded for Pippen. If McDyess demands a trade then you guys are screwed and you going to get a lot less then the trade mentioned above.

12. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

good, you just think that. i know for a fact the chances he resigns in denver are 1000 times more than this trade happens.

kiki has consulted with dice many times, and he knows the situation. all he wants to do is win, and he deserves it. so do us, the fans.

if he wants out, fine. its not hard to beat this offer. not hard at all.

besides, no he wont resign in houston. he wants to win. you guys didnt win either. you guys are in the same position as us, without the future cap space.

if he resigns anywhere for the sake of the city, its denver. dont fool your self. he loves the city. he came back for less money.

homers p!ss me off.

13. The Real Shady

Me:
    Sorry about that NugzFan. Typo.

14. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

uh it does blow. therefore i said it. where exactly is the problem?

dont tell me you are one of those fantasy nba fans, where you live in your fantasy world and hate when people bring you into reality?

if you guys want to believe this trade will happen, you will be very dissappointed.

im doing you all a favor.

btw: your comparing mcdyess to pippen?! wtf? dice will not demand a trade like nve did. hes said that. he has too much class and just doesnt have the balls really. there is no way we get screwed like that. we probably get less value in return but not totally screwed.

you guys will say and believe anything to fulfill your dreams, wont ya?

does anyone HONESTLY believe this trade has a chance or its remotely fair? key word - honestly. other key word - fair.

15. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

i was gonna apologize for the harshness of my post but you did this twice in two separate posts. no accident. not that im offended (ive heard much worse) but it prevents me from returning the apology.

16. NJRocket

Apr. 16 - Antonio McDyess isn't so sure he wants to re-sign with the Nuggets. "Personally, I don't want to see myself in a losing situation again. That should answer the question right there," McDyess, who will be a free agent in the summer of 2003, told the Denver Post. "The Nuggets have to show me a lot more than what we've been doing. I've been here for four years, going on my fifth, and it just seems like nothing has got better yet. It seems like we've been taking a step back rather than a step forward."

Umm, yeah, that sounds to me like he wants to stay in Denver. Face it, the only Dice in your forseeable future is if Colorado legalizes gambling.

PS...if you don't like homers, stay away from Coors Field

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

no this trade would not happen b/c Rice would tie up their salary cap for another year..

Denver better get a lot for him, or hope he resigns and talks other players into playing for the Nuggets if they are going to contend this decade

What team do you see trading for Dyess, Nugzfan?

18. The Real Shady

I honestly didn't mean to type that Nug zfan. But it's starting to have a nice ring to it.

Nugzfan your right you better keep McDyess so he can play along with Duncan and Kidd when you sign them as free agents.

LOL. Dream on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

why is such a simple concept only being grasped by this one fan? dont you guys pay attention to the nba OUTSIDE the houston rockets?

at the very least trade your two picks and ending contracts (no matter who they are) - make it worth our time.

as for teams i could see him traded to - orlando, new york, miami maybe. im not sure. its so early. ask me again in july.

20. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

lol - and yet you think hed resign in houston? 28 wins? what the hell is wrong with you?

we have a year to prove we can win. we have a chance. we played 30 win ball after the trade...plus we add a good pick, dice and healthy howard. we can be decent. then we add FA and dice will stay. think about it. it can happen.

it might not. then we trade him somewhere else for a better deal.

and i do stay away from coors. i dont live in colorado. ive been there only once. i dont live anywhere near denver. i dont like the rockies. never been to coors field.