1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone wanna keep hating on Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Oct 18, 2012.

1. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Hopefully we can trade Martin for a decent pick and do poorly this season and get a top 3 pick. :grin:

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Contract year it's just a business for him

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Upping his trade value. I like it.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm not complaining. the thread says, "anyone wanna keep hating on Martin". I took that to mean that he's playing well and aren't you glad he's a rocket. I was expressing my belief that no matter how well he's playing, he's still not part of the Rockets' future. Furthermore, the longer he does play, the more competitive we are, thus undermining our chance at a high draft pick; i.e. threatening to keep us competitive when, as a rebuilding team, we really need to tank.

Not complaining. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

luv him as long as he is here. very nice to see the patented martin lean in-touch-whistle-lean back - flick wrist 3 pp again. Classic !

6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

And then b**** around if we're loosing. I am not singling on you, just this comment is what I see most posters write. Look at the boards after the 2 preseason loss... All complaining and critiquing players. Rookies to vets get same amount of b****ing. Lol at the guys who wish that rockets gets the top pick, but don't enjoy the process of getting there.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

We need to get rid of the veterans and get a nice draft pick. I hope Martin can bring us one of those. We need to get some sort of return on him.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Martin has not proved he is tough. Still hate him. (Hate seems strong, so how about being over Kevin.)

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

We all know what people do during their contract year, unfortunately for Kmart he may get beat out by a rookie...I don't think McHale cares for him, and knows this season is "up for grabs so to speak"-So he will be traded bc of the asset, for what who knows...I don't see him having a role on this team. In fact I think he will sulk if things go like last year, and it will hurt his "contract year"..I just don't seeing him bounce back he seems to have been on a decline since....Rick the RULER left..hmm...sounds familiar.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

No surprise that he is the best player on the team.

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

softer dan tmac......with da hart of tinman an da drive of mario willims

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

At least he can spell.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Off topic but anyone know what happened to Zoran Dragic?

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

The hate for martin was based on effort and attitude all that changed when you playing for a new contract. I could care less what he does this year he still b**** made to me

15. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I personally love him now that he has potentially increased his trade value....

16. cbk41

cbk41 Member

He's currently playing for another Euro-League team along with J.R. Smith's little brother, Z.R. Smith.

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I never hated Kmart at all. I really like his game and the fact that he's a great efficient scorer that will give you around 20-23 points a game.

People tend to hate on Kmart because he's not really flashy, athletic or has the prettiest game. His game is awkward but he scores in bunches. His defense isn't the greatest but it really improved this season, though he's not a great defender but he's decent on defense which is not bad. He's not lazy on defense like a lot of other SG, its just a little harder for him to stay in front of the stronger more athletic players.

Last year, the trade that was denied by Stern really got to his head. The fact that every time a trade rumor comes up, his name is all over it. That kind of stuff will affect anyone. One of the reasons why he said Morey should stop treating his players like assets. Its true. I can tell all the rumors last season really bothered him because he felt that he wasn't wanted in Houston and that they wanted to get rid of him.

This year, all the rumor about him has cleared and he can just finally settle down and be himself. He's a good guy that will bring the veteran presence to the locker room which will help a bunch of our young guys.

18. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

This is the reason why Morey kept him around even after shipping out everybody else. Contract year, higher trade value. If we had moved him last year we would have gotten 50% in return. Now we're getting the full value.

19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he still disappear in the 4th quarter

20. koopa

koopa Member

Like it or not..Lin is making it easier for him. THey're gonna be a top backcourt threat this season between Lin and him. Lin has great court vision..hope he stays healthy.