1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone wanna keep hating on Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

He still needs yo be traded no matter well he does! We are building for the future of this team.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is our best play by a country mile and his trade value will go through the roof as the season rolls . He would put a contender seeking a legit scorer over the top or a team looking to shed salary for next season in a good position. Really Morey should be fleecing someone a lottery pick for this guy. Martin right now is playing like an elite SG.

3. Raven

Raven Member

And his value will never be higher. If he has an injury, we lose the chance to pick up a nice "asset". Trade him sooner rather than later.

4. alethios

alethios Member

What's not to love - he's enjoying his alpha male status right now as the number one option. When he has a cold night, the hate will out, mark my words. But yeah, he's probably trolling for a good contract this season.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's pretty obvious it's due to this being a contract year. He's even taking on a leadership role, which he never really has. He knows he's got to lead and be on his best behavior to get minutes, which will mean great offensive numbers for him. You don't think he knows Lamb is ready to take his spot, if he has a let down? As a back up he would probably only get 5-6 mill a year.

That being said, we can definitely use him, if he's going to play at a high level, win-win for both sides.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He's a great complimentary, scoring SG but without a franchise player there's no point in having him on this team.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Still want him gone. Happy to see he's playing well though.

8. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I hope he stays until the trade deadline. Lamb can learn a lot from him but I dont want to see Martin leave for nothing.

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Martin has always played well when he's not injured. Last year he was injured, it's that simple.

1 person likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

The lakers, with the best player in the world, sucked hard for a couple of seasons. yet, somehow we expected Martin to lead us to the playoffs jajaja.

i love his game, but he was meant to play next to the great yao and that never transpired obviously.

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

1- It's still the preseason

2- Even in the preseason I haven't seen anything up till now that shows drastic improvement in his game. Defensively he's still a liability, and on offense dribbles poorly and relies too much on getting to the line. Last season he frequently struggled late in games.

We're gonna have to wait much longer than a few preseason games to see if any of that's changed.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Can't really judge him on his D since most of the offense and D will finalized after this 7 day mini camp. I can't wait to see how he does once the reagular season gets under way.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I sat directly behind Les at that Cleveland game.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

and...

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Improve his trade value, sounds good to me.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I hope he has a GREAT first 10 games and we trade him for a nice piece.

17. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

When Kevin Martin is scoring he is incredible, he is useless when he is not scoring.

Right now KMart is building his value because it dropped so much at the end of last season.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Please say it again

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Martin has never been the best player on a playoff team. Ive heard people call al jefferson and zach randolph stat padders, but they have been the best player on playoff teams.

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.