1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone remember this video?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alex_eg6, Aug 9, 2010.

1. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3-GJTUUAPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3-GJTUUAPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really miss this season, it was one of the most greatest moments watching the Rockets make history. I also have to say I miss Tracy McGrady and how he carried a teamless Yao for the rest of the streak. This team has so much heart gotta love the Rockets!

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How can god give so much to someone so less deserving. What a waste of a gift.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i think there were a total of 4 pts Gerald Green ever scored on the Rockets, 2 of them were in that video....

4. VBG

VBG Member

How could God make someone so gifted so injured. He gave us amazing moments and huge disappointments. If T-Mac was healthy.....

T-Mac makes me respect Kobe more. The way Kobe is still an amazing player at his age is astounding.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'm sure all those kids in Darfur are saying that.

"So what he was able to make all that money a build us a school. His on court cockiness means it's just a waste."

1 person likes this.
  6. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

This.

Also, that's like the fourth time I've watched a streak vid this week... very intense. We were being talked about as contenders all of a sudden, all over ESPN. Tmac was even being considered MVP candidate. Then, we get knocked out of the first round.. some great ups and downs this teams had.. gotta love being a Rockets fan. :)

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

just stupid....... dislike the guy as a player, but dont begin to assume you know the guys personality through and through. Very ignorant and inappropriate comment..

8. mi0304

mi0304 Member

the hornets game which Tmac played 48minutes and the lakers game Rafer Alston ruled were so great.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets won't be as fun to watch without T-Mac.

No NBA player is as fun to watch as T-Mac was.

10. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

sorry man, but i think nash, kobe, wade, in their prime were funner to watch.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

6:19 to 6:23...
    Goodness...

How sad, oh well it was fun while it lasted.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Wade is fun, but McGrady was a threat from anywhere on the court.

13. psingh34

psingh34 Member

one wade is STILL in his prime .. u can argue so is kobe ...

second they were/ are fun to watch but tmac at his best was at their level in terms of excitement .. before he came along, the rockets hardly ever made top 10 highlights and he changed all of that .. SA game? cannot get more exciting then that ..

yes he didnt get us past first round of playoffs so he never accomplished our ultimate goal .. but he gave us some great years worth of memories along the way and even though he failed in the playoffs he put up some great numbers

14. psingh34

psingh34 Member

an astute observation .. tmac didnt waste his talent by not working hard, by doing drugs and getting kicked out of the league etc .. he just didnt advance in the playoffs .. bottom line he won as many rings as stockton, malone and barkely combined .. yah they all got out of first round and went to the finals .. but if your ultimate gauge for success is winning only way to measure that is through championships .. bc i am sure someone like malone probably made it out of more first rounds than some players who went on to win one or two championships .. but ultimately the one who the championships is considered more of a winner .

15. jcage

jcage Member

Damn I hated to see Carl Landry go!!! I like the way he just threw it down. :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I sure miss seeing Bobby Jackson shooting 3s and having all those packs of ice on his knees during timeouts.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

6:09, That is nasty.

18. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

McGrady was a great player and had lots of talent; his body just started to fail him, and that helped lead to the disappointment that we've all come to know.

I don't think that we can constitute a bad personality with a lack of success (as far as the playoffs come).

Damion

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thank you for pointing this out. People here are way too quick to connect the basketball player with the human being off the court. T-Mac is a person that did most than the rest of the NBA regarding Darfur. He is not a bad person.

Hate on the bball player all you want, just don't hate on the person.

It's like MJ, he was one of the greatest if not the greatest of bball players but as a human being and family man he kinda is a bench player. At least he is not a criminal that we know like Madmax.

In other words, admire the basketball skills or hate them, but make sure to separate the man from the athlete.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Why do we measure success by losing in a certain amount of playoff games e.g. not advancing?

Only championships are remembered.