1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone remember the website about the guy who says he predited the future?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Sep 26, 2005.

1. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Sorry, subatomic meaning particles smaller than an atom. Scientists have discovered that one subatomic particle can exist in two different places at the same time. Not another particle of the same but the exact particle in two different places at the same time.

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I'm really interested on hearing you explain this. I've seen some Discovery and SciFi channel shows, but never have I actually come out of it convinced that it can be done.

But then that's why we have theory I guess.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But that's not even true....

The scientists can't track those particles [which move dang fast] at all times - their current level of 'observation' shows the same particle at two different places at the same time.

Remembering that they can't track those particles all the time - it could simply be that the particle is faster than our current tracking equipment can track.

I don't know that you would find a scientist who would state beyond a shadow of a doubt that a quark [I think that is what the particle is called?] is in 2 different places at the exact same time

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Spooky action at a distance...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I have actually been thinking about these particles appearing and disappearing, the big bang, and a formula for everything. I'm not a physics person. Nor do I care to be. But while developing a formula, I am beginning to think that particles have a life cycle. Not like you and me. More like the sun. In that at times the particle has different properties which make it seem as though it is appearing and disappearing. Like a red dwarf and a white dwarf for the sun. Probably sounds a little crazy right now, but like I said, I'm still thinking this theory out. I also think it is possible that the particles are being masked, such as when an expanding gas might engulf a person, then when it condenses, you can see the person again. Working on both these ideas. I am leaning toward the life cycle of particles. I just need to do a little more thinking before applying that theory to my other theories about the begining of time. I don't believe their are paralell universes. What I do believe is that there are multiple universes connected like a balloon twisted in half. And they are strangely similar, because they share materials, but not parallel. The parallel universes never made sense to me. I always thought the physics fall in on themselves. Nor do I believe in string theory or the membrane theory. However, find the string theory to be interestingly close to what my forumla is predicting. Just not quite the same thing. Think that writhes and twists will help flesh out the true formula as to how it relates to a string. Anyway, got a lot of work to do on this, but nba live is getting in the way.

7. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Einstein was wrong though. Entanglement does exist.

8. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I've seen some say what gunn is talking about in the movie.. "What the Bleep do we know" I know, I know.. IT'S JUST A MOVIE, but there were scientist that did say something along those lines... anyone else see that movie? Keep in mind I've never taken and upper level physics or quantum physics so I could have derived something from that movie that wasn’t there.. :D

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm just saying...

[​IMG]

10. Isabel

Isabel Member

Sorry, don't think it's going to work next time you, say, have to work during a Rockets game, and attempt to be in two places at once. You're a whole lot bigger than a quark, and you have a lot less wave nature. You will behave as a classical particle.

Once you start getting down to atoms and especially electrons, you have considerably more wave nature, which allows for slight probabilities of "tunnelling" (being somewhere your wavefunction says you can't be). Things like photons that have no mass will behave as waves and can do neat things like two of them being at the same place at the same time. Electrons and especially quarks have very little mass, move very fast, and start to come close. At least that's my understanding of it. But physics isn't really my thing.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

oooOooOoo!!! OooOoooo!!! [raising hand] Can I guess what IS???
    [yes, I may]

Relationship threads? :)

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

HA HA HA, i didnt mean for this thread to be so long, my friend was just asking if i remembered that site, and i figured the bbs might know. :D

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Physics isn't really my thing either [I think that's a good thing ;) ]

BUT, from the little I know - the electrons spin around their nucleus of protons etc - and they go pretty durn fast. A lot of tracking equipment just views it as a big 'cloud' [otherwise known as the electron cloud] - of course, the electrons are still moving, but so fast it seems like they are making one big mess! I guess it would be like looking at the fan when it is turned up high speed!

The quarks go faster [way faster] than electrons - as of now the scientists say that they seem to be in two places at once - but others will say that it is entirely possible that they are simply moving at such a speed that our current tracking ability cannot separate [much like the human eye with the roof fan when it is on full speed - we need to video it and slow it down to be able to measure exactly where all the blades are].

Anyway, for all us science geeks, it'll be interesting to see where this is all at in around 10 years time --> wonder what else we'll know...

14. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

A number of photon entanglement experiments have been conducted all over the globe. Such experiments have shown that our typical way of thinking is inconsistant to that of the concepts experienced in the quantum world. In our experiences we can say that a certain object is here and not somewhere else. But that concept does not always apply in the state of the entangled photon. Concepts of non-locality have shown that a photon is, in fact, at two places at the same time. Entanglement is often regarded as one the the great mysteries in physics.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In the Year of 2000, a midget will single handedly kill an elephant, and he will be known at the Royale Midget.

[​IMG]

16. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Well for some reason I read all the **** on that website and its 2005 and we aren't in a civil war, so I guess this guy is full of it.

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

shhhh...don't believe the lies. That's what the Man wants you to think.

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How come he haven't won the powerball yet? That would be firt thing I take back from the future, powerball numbers for a year!

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The states of Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota could be in open revolt and I'm not sure anyone would notice if the media didn't report it. Does anyone actually live in these states?

20. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

C'mon McFly, no sports almanac?