1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone notice how Tmac is finishing better tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feihung316, Mar 6, 2008.

1. feihung316

feihung316 Member

Pretty much all season I noticed Tmac wasn't the greatest finisher near the rim whenever he decides to not settle for the jumpshot. Tonight, he's been taking it in strong all game long and is actually making his layups. Maybe he's been taking lessons from our rookie pf's.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's using the runners a little more, instead of trying to twist his way to the rim and put it off the glass. I think that's the difference.

3. blackwindy

blackwindy Member

Keep playing like this for the rest of the season...
    may have a chance to get MVP from kobe

4. soysauce

soysauce Member

He seems fired up after Charles was saying negative things about him

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I know right now, the top MVP candidates are Kobe, Lebron, KG, and CP3, but if the Rockets finish with a top-3 record in this stacked Western Conference and with only one of their stars, would that be enough to off-set T-Mac's earlier injures and lower production?

Since Yao went down, Mac has turned it up times 10!!!!

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He was doing this very early in the season before the injury bug struck again. It looks like he is feeling good and has the confidence in his body again. It is sad that he needs to be "the guy" to get into this type of rhythm. That isn't a knock against him but an observation.

7. ClearSky

ClearSky Member

and keep playing like this for the next season...

tmac will bring us the ring

8. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I am LOVING how TMac isn't settling for jumpers tonite! He needs to keep this up!!!

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is the aspect of his game he only chooses to bring out against Dallas. I have no clue what it is about Dallas but he attacks them like no other.

10. bbjai

bbjai Member

Is it me or like
    without Yao in the middle
    Tracy is able to drive more?

11. tracymcgrady001

The Dallas defense wasn't as strong when they didn't double team.

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

notes:

alston plays better in adelman's system

tmac is penetrating causing good things

landry is a beast

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We're always better when he drives to the bucket. He forces teams to double team, leaving us with wide open jumpers.

14. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

Very good game tonight for our boys and hats off to TMAC. This seemed like a statement game tonight. With all that was going on with being on a national televised game, the comments that Chuck made in the pregame, and the comments Jerry Stackass made on the Dallas radio station 1 week ago, I think McGrady was looking to have a big night. One of the things that really piss me off about TMAC is that he has all the tools. You can make an agrument that TMAC is one of the top 5 players in the league and would have a valid point. I just wish TMAC would bring it every night. I love Charles Barkley but I was so happy that TMAC shut his ass up tonight.

15. pongd

pongd Member

you see it in spurts throughout each season. although i dont think this time itll wear off..i always think that...i just want one season where he tries hard every minute of every game...

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It's you, Adelman has more to do with it remember Deke is still in the paint and so is Scola or Landry. I think Tracy picks and chooses when to attack the rim. It also has to do with how they play him defensively.

17. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

To semi-quote Van Gundy from a recent radio interview, all the great scorers transition to a more of an outside game as they age. It happened with Michael, and it's happening with Kobe to an extent. You see what happens when DWade drives relentlessly to the rim every night; your body starts to break down. The only exception is probably AI, but even he's more of a jump shooter than his Philly days.

What TMac doing now (driving selectively) is fine, as long as he doesn't go overboard with the pulse-checking 3-point shots at the top of the key with 18 sec on the shot clock. ;)

18. omair

omair Contributing Member

What exactly did stackhouse say?

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I think the difference has come from him not having to go as far most of the time anymore. Instead of posting Yao up now the rockets post T-mac up on the elbow as their bread and butter play to get the offense moving. When he's there its only a couple of steps to the basket if he's played 1 on 1, and if not he just has to pass the ball out of the double team and someone else can score.

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

He said that the Mavs are in the Rocks' heads and that's why we kept losing to them.