1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone know a good dog assassin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Aug 5, 2005.

1. rvpals

rvpals Member

I know how you feel. I used to live in an apartment where upstair there are 3 dogs (don't ask me why they need 3). Every freaking night the dogs would bark and then run around all the time making all sorts of noise at night. The shtty thing is the dog is loud at night when you try to sleep and they sleep in the morning. I just went up there and give the owners hell over it. They eventually put them into some cages and put that thing around their mouth so they won't bark as much. Point is you got to give the owner hell until they "get it".

2. rvpals

rvpals Member

The problem is not the dog but the owners that choose to ignore your complain.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:D It's been too long since we've had entertaining threads like this one.

Sorry to hear about the annoying dog.

Real Shady, that pic had me LOL.

4. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

Get the dog to attack you or threaten you in any way possible and have a witness or something. Then call animal control and they will investigate/take it away.

Kind of a jerk thing to do, but I figure your neighbors have it coming since they havn't done anything about it yet.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get something to give you some white noise.......to help drown it out.

Something like a bathroom exhaust fan......just keep it on....

And some nice soothing music on a stereo helps too.....

DD

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I could hear this dog over my TV when watching Black Hawk Down. I'd have to crank up music all full blast to drown him out.

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Sorry guys. I just read this thread and laughed so hard I'm crying and my stomach hurts. mateo, you posted a link to here in another thread. Maybe somebody else will see this thread now and get a good laugh too.

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

[Sidetrack] when I was working in the city over the summer i was living in the Beaumont, off Columbus circle. No pets allowed so I know you aren't in there.

I am against you killing the dog, although I understand your pain. That said, sleeping pills hidden in food should do the trick. If not, forge an "official" document from animal control saying that they have to keep their dog quite otherwise it will be taken away.

9. mateo

The good news is that I called 311 and the cops actually showed up.
    It helps to have a coworker with a cousin in NYPD.
    Any time the dog barks for more than 10 minutes, they now get a $200 fine.

Its been a month and so far so good. Maybe they moved?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

just curious...did you ever actually try talking to the dog owners? glad to see the situation is getting resolved, but i was curious what they had to say when you talked to them.

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I don't call them "Barky Beagles" for nothing...

12. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I'm glad you solved the problem and didn't have to hurt the dog. :)

13. droxford

droxford Member

If you haven't ever talked to your neighbors about it....

.. DON'T! I've tried that route. Being civil and mature doesn't work. And if you don't talk to them about it, it allows you the opportunity to take action with anonymity.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

This cracks me up.

I am against killing, but if you must here's how... Otherwise, use mail fraud.

I think mateo went down the right path and it appears to be paying off.

btw - You're supposed to have a big "N", small "y", then a big f'n "Q" in your name.

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I love that ****ing Q, don't you!? What a great advertising idea! Put a huge ****ing Q on the box. They'll get high and stare at it. "The Q is talking to me! The Q is talking to me!"

I love NyQuil, man. Because NyQuil has never changed, man. It's never changed. All the other medicines are doing that inner-child thing. "we know that there's a small child inside of you, so now we have grape and cherry and orange flavor." Not NyQuil! They still have the original green death ****ing flavor! You know why!? Because it doesn't matter what it tastes like! It's so strong you go, "*wheeze* Hey this stuff really tastes like.." Bang! Yer in the coma already! "What happened?" "He said tastes like and he went right into the coma, it was unbelievable!" We have reached the point where the over the counter drugs are actually stronger than anything you can buy on the street. It says on the back of the NyQuil box, on the back of the box it says, "May cause drowsiness." It should say, "Don't make any ****ing plans! Kiss your family and friends goodbye. Say hello to Klaus!" NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you! You giant ****ing Q!

NyQuil is the secret for all you twelve step recovery program people. Yes, all you AA people, NyQuil is the key! It's the thirteenth ****ing step! You can drink it! It's over the counter! Drink as much as you want. "Are you drunk?" "No! I have a cold. Same cold I've had for two years. I just can't seem to shake it. I'm high as a kite and my teeth are green. Merry ****ing Christmas!"

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Post of the year!

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Leary is awesome.

Maybe they killed their dog?

18. mateo

Anytime the dog barked for more than 30 minutes straight or at an unreasonable hour, I would go downstairs and knock on their door. Of course, no one answered. Fred only barks when he's lonely. When you knock on the door, he shuts up for a few minutes. It took me several trips up and down the stairs to realize the futility of the loud knock only buying me enough time to get back upstairs and comfortable on my couch.

The first 6 or 7 times, I just turned up the TV and left notes saying "Hello, its now 10:30pm, your dog has been barking since 8pm, I have to be at work at 5am, please stop this." But then in March I got the flu, and spent 4 days in bed. That beast howled all day while I lay there with cold sweats and a fever...I wanted to die, and maybe find a way to take Fred with me. I called the doorman and begged to call the tenants to help me. At first the doorman refused to believe me. "That Fred is such a cute dog...I used to have a beagle when I was young...Are you sure you hear him barking??" The doorman finally agreed to come up and verify the barking. We met on their floor, heard some barking, and he knocked. Of course the dog stopped barking. Doorman says "There you go sir, little Fred's gone back to sleep." I tried to convince him to stay and wait for the barking to continue but he left. Later, when I called, he said "The barking stopped, sir." When Fred started barking again, I called management for the first time.

Later that week the boyfriend/husband approached me in the mailroom. He wanted to know why I called the doorman and management on him. I said "Where'd you hear that?" I noticed that the same doorman was working at that point and when I looked over at him he suddenly had to walk into the package room. *******. I hope your Beagle Boy tips you well this Christmas because you're getting coal from me.

The next week I walked up to the woman in the gym and explained the situation. I recommended a muzzle. She told me her dog doesn't bark. I tried to explain that she wasn't around all day but she refused to believe it. Then the dude showed up and started talking about me harrassing them.

Then my wife got pregnant, which brings on migraines in addition to morning sickness, so she started experiencing a lot of dog-related trauma. At this point I started to get a little pissy about it.

I found a website about dogs in NY that said things like "#1 Worst Dog to Have In Apt: The Beagle" or "Why your Beagle howls when you are gone"....printed it off and taped them to their door with notes like "3 hours tonight, PLEASE STOP THIS" or "MY WIFE IS HIGH RISK PREG AND ON BEDREST!!!" Hopefully appealing to their nurse training. But the Fockers did nothing.

After that I only called management, and apparently they threatened legal action. However, the dog was still barking. So, with no other options, I dialed 311. The cops were great.

19. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Did that hook you up with the Animal Cops? Those guys friggin' rule.

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I concur, his dogs are crazy... but in the house they are fine other then being a little spastic. Beagals aren't my cup of tea, but they aren't the worst either. My next door neighbor has 4 dogs that NEVER shut up when they are outside, and the lady puts them out at like 5AM and leaves them out until about 11PM and they bark at ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... she has terriers and I too could use a dog assassin.