1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone here actually know a bit about Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Dec 15, 2010.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Also disappointed :-(

2. choujie

choujie Member

Sounds like a poor man's Ariza, right?

3. theimpossibles1

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

At least T-will can dribble.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Williams can shoot, he just needs to pick his shots better. I think of him like Odom shooting.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

You are kidding right? Everybody is flipping out over a D-leaguer. Has it finally come to this; we are so desperate that anything is the deal of the century? This strikes me as another MoneyBall move that does little to advance playoff hopes. Morey is being evaluated on how much money he saves???!!! Who cares, put a playoff team on the floor.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He sounds like a way better player than Trevor......he can dribble and pass.....

DD

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Terrence Williams = Wilson Chandler??

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Averaging 3 assists a game while only playing 20 minutes is pretty darn good. That's only slighty lower than Tmac on a per minute basis and I'm sure T-Will doesn't get to touch the ball as mach as Tmac did.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Really? If memory serves, Trevor was never in the D-League. Also he has something that nobody on the current collection of Rockets have: a championship ring. You don't get one of those if you can't dribble AND pass.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

He was NOT sent to the D-League for on court production issues. He was sent there as punishment for persistent tardiness to meetings and practices.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Adam Morrison & Jack Haley say hello.

Championship rings are overated unless you are one of the best players....Trevor was like 7th or 8th on that team.

Oh, and one more thing...

**** TREVOR !!!!

He is not a Rocket.....

DD

13. k-money

k-money Member

he has a bad J? dang, i thought he was a great shooter.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUMv00ZtY0o&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUMv00ZtY0o&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-no0e1hQgcw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-no0e1hQgcw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. TWillFan

TWillFan New Member

I thought I'd share my thoughts on T-Will...

I'm a die-hard Louisville basketball fan and T-Will is probably my favorite Cardinal to suit up. That being said I'm also a realist, an NBA fan, and like to think I have good knowledge of the game. THIS is what I think about T-Will:

PROS

The first thing that comes to anybody's mind if they've ever seen him play is his athleticism. He is a freak athlete that could legitimately make a run at being dunk contest champ. Do yourself a favor and watch his highlights, because they are pretty much all awesome dunks.

Excellent rebounder. His freak athleticism is mainly why he grabs so many boards. He averaged 8 in college and 5ish I believe as a rookie which is pretty solid for a guy his size and age.

Great passer. He has great vision and can really make some jaw-dropping passes. Unfortunately, his affinity for the jaw-dropping pass will be mentioned in the Cons.

Versatile. The guy can legitimately play 3 positions. With Brooks and Lowry it's doubtful he'll see time at the 1, but it's not out of the question. At Louisville he was the "Point Forward" and brought the ball up the court about 1/4 of the time. He's got good handles and as mentioned his court vision is excellent.

CONS

Looks for the top ten play. I would venture to say that every one of his 2-3 TOs a game are from him making a ridiculous pass. He loves the one-handed pass more than anything. It's like he's trying to be Magic Johnson out there, when the pass is not there.

Bad shooter. Pitino altered his form going into his senior year and he had a better percentage because of it. If he's wide open, I'd say he's a solid shooter. If not, it ain't pretty.

Inconsistent. One game he'll get 25, 8, and 8 and the next game he'll get 4, 5, 4, and 5 TOs. He's just a frustrating player sometimes...

Bottom line is this: if he can become a consistent guy that plays within himself, he will be great. As previous posters have said this guy is all about potential, and he has a ton. I think his attitude issues are just him clashing with Avery Johnson and him hating being in NJ. His rookie year he caught heat from tweeting how he wished he got drafted by the Bobcats, this year he was sent to the D-league (where he obviously dominated) because he couldn't show up to practice on time. He's never had any kind of legal issues or anything close to it - he's a ballplayer and that's it. With the right coaching I am confident that he can have a long, prosperous NBA career, because he really is an EXCITING player oozing with potential.

Was he worth a first round pick? Depends on how high a pick we're talking. Because I think with T-Will you have a guy that worst case scenario will average 8-5-5 and play solid defense. AND you're not running the risk of drafting a bust.

4 people like this.
  16. opticon

opticon Member

Great post!

Welcome to Clutchfans!

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Thanks for the info! I am pretty confident he won't have any issues, since he didn't have any in college under a strict coach. Avery Johnson has known to clash with players in Dallas too.

18. Asian Sensation

Nice first post. Great analysis. Welcome to the board!

19. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Bottom line is we need players like this. Versatile players. I'm not overly concerned with 'attitude' issues. You never know what was going on inside the team over there. They were a horrible team as well.

I think he gives us something we need. A player with the ability to create for himself and others. Playes with a attitude. We are getting a chance to develop him on his rookie salary. Cant beat that. Good job Morey, once again.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sounds to be more like Ricky Davis.