1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone here actually know a bit about Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Dec 15, 2010.

1. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

FYI, J-Rich is a career 18 PPG scorer with a personal best of 23 PPG and a two time NBA slam dunk contest winner.

2. NashWest

NashWest Member

I've watched Terrance Williams since he played at UofL - and then I follow the Nets (unfortunately) for part of last year.

When he was with the Nets you could see that he has potential. His shot is not very consistent, but his athleticism will get him playing time. He was turnover prone in NJ, but they were trying to use him at PG for a while when Harris was injured.

Williams could be a solid backup - but I'm not sure that he will get a lot of minutes. At the SG position Lee is a much better 3 point shooter (#4 in the nba right now). My guess is that he will splitting minutes with Battier and Bud...

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

He doesn't make good decisions on or off the court? Maybe I missed something but I don't remember any off the court issues.

I've had a nets ticket plan for two years. I can tell you first hand that decision making on the court is a strength of his. Sure he makes mistakes sometimes. He's only in his second year. But he sees the floor like a pg.

I think his ball handling, passing, decision making, and attitude are all strengths. His weakness is shooting and experience. The rockets did a good job with lowrys jump shot. I think he's will be just fine.

4. anchel

anchel Member

Pitino:

Devin Harris:

T.Outlaw:

Avery Johnson:

Avery liked him as SG. He criticized his defense:

Iguodala:

We need more of this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FQl6sE577I?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FQl6sE577I?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

David Thorpe tweets about him:

And NBA scout:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v59JZcykhpY?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v59JZcykhpY?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5 people like this.
  5. Chamillionaire

i`m not looking at his stats, but it seems to be like he`s got a decent perimeter shot. if left open JRich will take it and usually drain it. not sure about TWill.

i was worried about Lowry as well with his shot, but he seems to be working out with more PT recently.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm shocked he's a Rocket now...not for any particular reason except for a I didn't see that coming. The few times I have seen him play last year(mostly later in the year) with NJ, I thought he was an absolute top flight athlete - seriously he's one of the best in the game....and when he attacks and is "on", he is a force. He's got some focus issues from what I remember of him(coach would scold him about something and it would take him out of the game mentally) and at times he didn't seem plugged in to his team but I do remember being surprised that he was a decent one on one defender. Normally the flashy athletic guys don't care about playing defense so it shocked me to see him actually try to stay in his opponents chest. I know he can't shoot, but boy is he the cure for a team that has all these ugly or otherwise awkward looking game type players we have on our team now(Martin, Scola, Hill, Hayes).

Williams might be the best athlete we have had on this team since....ummm, give me a minute.....ummmmmmm....does Rudy Gay count?

7. Prince

Prince Member

Dr Shane will tame Mr Williams.

There's nothinng impossible in Houston. We did a good job to Ron-ron right? :)

8. blink52y

blink52y Member

@1:45

If he can pass like that within Rick Adlemans offense, it will be a fun season to watch

9. Chamillionaire

6` 6" with PG like passing skills, yeah, that`ll work.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

For real....how many players can catch Lebron from behind AND are strong enough to send him into the third row?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

much higher upside? why?

you know j-rich is probably had a higher vert than him at this age and that j-rich has averaged 18 ppg 5 rpg 3 apg for his career. i'd love it if he could be much better than richardson, but j-rich would seem to be about what his best case scenario is.

12. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Thanks for the stats. Yeah, J-Rich is a very good player and has been for a while...I still think Terrence Williams could be better. I am basing that off of a very small sample size, so take that for what it's worth, but Williams looks like the real deal. The only thing that worries me with this kid is focus. He's got to learn some maturity on the court. If he can do that, I see him turning into a stud for the Rox and making D-Morey look like an absolute genius.

13. gah

gah Member

Great post anchel, thanks for digging all that up.

14. Eng.Absi

Eng.Absi Member

lets hope he can do something !

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I saw a lot of him in college.. but haven't watched much of him in the NBA (unless we were playing them)

16. fzr11017

fzr11017 Member

Does Williams always take off for a dunk with the ball in one hand? Chuck Hayes is going to swat that out of his hand every time.

Highlights show some promise though.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He can palm the ball with ease. Chuck is also never going to get high enough to sniff it. He'll just move it away from chuck and slam that ball. :cool:

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I thought it was interesting when he said Battier was who he wanted to model himself after.

How often do you hear a lottery pick say something like that? Very encouraging.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This dude is the next D-wade.

Book it.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, he really can't shoot......dang.

DD