1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone have JVG's interview from 1560 this morning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Jan 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

JVG returning will be like Phil Jackson returning to the Lakers. It can be done. Les just has to admit his mistake, which I doubt he will ever do.

2. Crudder

Crudder Member

I couldn't agree with you more. He seems extremely fond of the two superstars and seems to know them well. I wouldn't be surprised if Les/Morey let Adelman go that JVG would be interested. However, Les did have his differences with JVG and I'm not sure he would be above putting that aside... in the end, I always believed JVG to be the best coach for the players (i.e., stars) on this team.

As much as I like RA, I would've preferred JVG to stay... our playing style fits him much more than that of RA.

3. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Rockets wisdom at its finest.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

except Phil had 9 rings when he came back to the Lakers... :p

5. blender

blender Member

I agree. I don't think he'd refuse it if it were offered to him.

6. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

The man speaks the truth.

7. echu888

echu888 Member

Didn't hear the interview, but I've always respected JVG - he has STRONG principles, well thought out, that he operates by - hated seeing people calling for his firing.

Similarly, I hate seeing people calling for Adelman's firing. Both are top tier coaches with their great strengths.

Coaches are always the scapegoat (fans and front office), but honestly at the level of JVG/RA, rarely the true problem.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I hereby declare this the best post in the history of the BBS.

9. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

it's a shame that Morey was not the GM when JVG was around. Imagine this team with Van Gundy, but then again that means guys like Scola, Landry, and Brooks would not get their shot the way they did during their rookie year.

10. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

None of these guys would have played on his system

11. Airson

Airson Member

thanks desi,really helpful.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

That's what I have been saying all along.! :p