1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone have ATT&T U-Verse for their TV?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vanilla Rice, Mar 31, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

My U-verse is pretty good. We really did like Dish Network, but the total home dvr seemed really cool to me. Plus you can record more shows at once with U-verse. The main reason we switched was mainly to get our internet ran off of a different line. I live by Old Town Spring, and all the lines were ran under the railroad many years ago with old copper wire, and it was horrible. It would go in and out all the time. We usually have 2 laptops going and xbox live, and the old line dropped all the time. Since I switched, never dropped internet one time in 3 months with Uverse's fiber optic cable.

My biggest complaint about U-Verse compared to Dish Network was the guide. Dish Networks guide was way better. You could scroll through the channels by pages on dish, but only individual on U-verse. The channels seemed better clustered together on Dish also. Uverse guide is so random. My girlfriend hates the guide with a passion on Uverse. I really need to set up the favorite channels, before she leaves me for a guy with dish network, lol.

2. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I live very close to you...how is your HD picture (assuming you have HD)?

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I like it. Seems quite a bit better than the norm, I'm used to. I never had HD before so I can't really compare it to anything. I love in Northgate Crossing.

4. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I want to love there to!!

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I agree. I had Dish for 3+ years and am not liking the U-Verse guide. Never have done a favorite channels list set up before...that's a good idea.

6. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I am required to set up a list for my wife, or she'll get frustrated and throw the remote through the TV. I just upgraded to a 52" plasma a few months ago, and I'm afraid I'd have to kill her if she did that.

Morale of the story: Set up a favorites list.

7. Summer Song Giver

I agree on the randomness of the channels but I'm pretty sure if you use the regular switch channel button (up or down) you can view by page with U-Verse guide.

I'd been Warner and then Comcast all my life and the U-Verse guide took awhile to get used to but now whenever I use cable at my parents house it feel like I've gone back 30 years in time/technology; try the channel change buttons when in the guide I'm know it works page by page.

8. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I may be reading this wrong, but you know you can go a page at a time by using the Ch/Pg button, right?

I figured our the grouping after a week or two. I only watch the HD though.

9. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Are you happy with the HD service?

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I thought the HD was slightly less sharp than Comcast. I also got U-Verse right after Ike, so I had 3 weeks of nothing to compare it to. Now I don't notice and I get 100 channels of HD for less than I paid for the few I got with Comcast. On a side note, we had really poor HD from KPRC and AT&T came out and got the noise out of the line to our house - no problems since.

U-verse gets a great plus on customer service too.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The whole home DVR is awesome. That, by itself, will keep me from ever going back to Comcast. I like controlling it from the net also. My main disappointment is no NBA TV and no NBA League Pass. If NBALP Broadband allowed me to watch games shown on NBATV, it wouldn't matter.

The best thing about Comcast is the internet speed, which at my house was incredibly fast, off the charts. My U-verse connection is great, but Comcast was definitely faster, though not fast enough to make me regret switching to U-verse.

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

Crap! We just got U-Verse today and I was looking for NBA TV. Oh well, we do have way more channels though so I guess I can live with that.

13. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

They don't have the MLB Network either, but I can live without it, too. As long as the network carrying the Rox and the Stros is on, I'm good.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This.

I also pay for the fastest internet speeds they provide and have been very happy. I do not miss Comcast one bit and would NEVER even think of going back to their back ass backwards technology. My U400 package rules, 'cept they took away channel 1502, my FAVORITE channel for live music. :mad:

15. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Wayyyyyyy better than comcast/charter/time warner.

Tv is great, internet is even better. We have the 18 down / 1.5 up . I download everything at 2MB a second!

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Does U-Verse have something against the NBA? I cant get the Rockets game, probably because its on NBA TV which U-Verse dosent carry. :mad:

17. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Ummmm, it's on channel 755. FSN. 1755 if you have HD.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crap... no NBALP? I didn't know that. This will make it more difficult to switch... hmm... but it seems like I can save about $50 or so a month if I switch to them for phone, internet, and tv. I already have AT&T for cell phone and DSL service right now and they've been very reliable.

#58 Dr of Dunk, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  19. JamesC

JamesC Member

When the game was on I flipped it there numerous times and it wouldnt load. Every other channel worked just fine. The feed came back as they were showing the closing highlights of the game.

20. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

How long have you had U verse? I had the same problem when I FIRST got U verse. I had to do a reset and it has worked ever since.