1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone going to UT-Austin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by alaskansnowman, Oct 23, 2003.

1. alaskansnowman

Hey, I'm going to UT and I was wondering where I can watch the Rockets games. Back in Houston it wasn't a problem, but it's obviously a different story here. Is there like a sports bar in the Union somewhere or is there a place where you Ut Austin Rox fans go to watch the game? Thanks a lot.

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I just graduated from UT. I think you'll like it there. There are a couple of places to watch Rockets games. There is Aussie's, which is on Barton Spring Rd. intersecting with Riverside Dr. (or so I believe), and I believe that some people get together at Showplace Lanes.

3. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

Hey snowman,

Are you a freshman? (I am.) If so, where do you live, It would be cool to have people to watch and talk about the Rockets with.

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Uh, that's a good question.... Dallas knows where a bunch of places are, and he's told me before, but I can't remember right now. I'm sure there are a few places right next to campus (or not toooo far away). I know there's a place on IH35 Southbound between 290 and 51st, somewhere around Baby A's.

Hopefully he can help you better than I can.

5. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

san jacinto in da hiz-ouse!!

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Aussies and BW3 have the games.

Some of us might meet for the first game against Denver. Free free to come.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I didn't mean to say BW3, I mean to say Fox and the Hound. I do not know if BW3 carries League Pass or not.

8. alaskansnowman

Yea I'm a freshman. I live in some apartments on Mlk + Guadalupe that are pretty close to Jester (6 minute walk). We should definately watch some Rox games together.

Keep the responses comin guys. It would be ideal if one of yall had league pass or somethin and lived on campus.

How close is Fox & Hound to campus?

thanks

9. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

They've said the best two places...and this one that Meghan's talking about is Showplace Lanes. It's a bowling alley with a bar in the back corner. You wouldn't know that you were in a bowling alley once you're in the bar, so it's not cheesy. They always play Rockets games, usually on the big screen, and they know of this website, I guess because there's a lot of us Rox fans off of here that recommend their place. So keep the tradition up, go to Showplace. Or Aussies. Everywhere else sucks.

10. meggoleggo

Ok so showplace lanes isn't between 290 and 51st.... its just north of Rundhberg, but it is on the southbound side of IH35. but yeah. Happy viewing!

11. meggoleggo

It's downtown around 4th and Guadalupe, somewhere...

map

12. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Hey guys im in austin also....a junior and live at 32nd and red river. I ordered nba league pass this year to watch all games so if yall wanna stop by as long as ur not wierdos it should be tight

13. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Ah.. Fox and hound, showplace lanes, Guadalupe, 26th street, Austin City Limits... Damn I miss Austin somethin' fierce. :(

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i usually goto showplace lanes to watch the games. their sports bar is pretty damn good. 4 giant screen projection tvs and like 15 other tvs.

15. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Is there still a sorority house right there near that intersection? It would be a 3 story (used to be baby blue) house on the left about 50 yards up going towards campus?

16. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

SXSW, Halloween...

Likewise.

So much so that I have about a 5 or so year plan to get back there for good! I miss that WAY too much.

Did you (or anyone else) ever eat at the Salt Lick BBQ? The all you can eat with MOUNDS of meat brought to your table...

...****, I think I busted a button thinking about it!

There is SO MUCH good food there in Austin too. Even though the big chains are becoming more and more noticeable as the size of the city grows, there is still nothing like some of the hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Austin!
    Damn!

17. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Dude nothing beats Salt Lick. NOTHING!!!!

hole in the wall resaturants... like hole in the wall on the drag! love the fish tacos, don't wanna know what kid of fish it really was. (Is there even such a thing as red fish?)
    I used to work at CMA... went over there a lot...

18. meggoleggo

Mardi Gras too. Never underestimate the power of topless chicks on sixth!
    Starseeds is the bomb diggity! that and El Mercado. hell yeah man! now I'm hungry.... I think I'm gonna go to Starseeds now.

19. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

goin to saltlick this wknd for parents wknd!! love that place....cant go wrong with food in austin hole in the walls rule!!

20. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Best Fajitas (at least beef) I have had has been at Manuel's on Congress near 3rd.

Plenty of great breakfast places!

If you are in the mood for a good hangover helper, Hickory Street has a good breakfast buffet!