1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever ...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candycane, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Oh Christ.

Just giving the facts, man. I didn't even think twice about it.

And I'm not going to change it just because it offends your PC mentality, in case you were wondering.

:rolleyes:

#21 Lynus302, Jun 16, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

I had two bike incidents.

1) 7th grade Let a "shady" friend borrow it, he rode it to work at Red lobster, never saw it again. Friend never paid for a new one and that was that. Said it was stolen. Probably my own fault for trusting him. Doubt it was stolen.

2) 4th grade (Florida): At soccer practice. When practice was over I came back to a bent up bike. Wobbled it home. Told dad. Dad then investigated with all parents. Witness told him some guy had hit and run it. described car to my dad. My dad then told Air base cops. The cops tracked the car, to, and get this, the Air Force Base Commishner. That's the top dog on any Air Base. He owned up to it and paid the price. Unbelieveable.

Oddly enough, in third grade his daughter had a crush on me. I let her borrow my jacket one day to wear home cause it was cold. I Froze my ass off. Mom was pissed. Got jacket back. But I should have suspected they were out to get me from that point on :)

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I heard in NY they create fake signs to tie your bike up to. Then they just lift the sign up and take your bike. Pretty cool. But very bad.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Back when we lived in the hood in Houston, I had one of my bikes stolen and spray painted. My parents just decided to move. But I think it was the stabbings and tire knifings that made them move more than the bike being stolen.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Call me crazy, but that sounds like one of Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

listen...i was only there for friday..i'm just glad it wasn't rained out!!! i was freaking out when it started raining about 5. I got there early...and hung out with a ton of Astros fans who lined up near the 3rd base dugout. Players stopped and talked to us...Redding actually came up into the stands to sign autographs and talk to us.

Had a Fenway Frank...OVER-RATED....OVER-RATED...OVER-RATED! Seriously...they do fish and chips well up there...but mix in some freaking spice to something, fellas. Geez...it's like Luby's prepared EVERYTHING up there. Mix in some salt..some pepper..some spice!

But everyone was very nice to me...a couple of old Red Sox fans bought me a cup of coffee as we sat together in the 50 degree mist. Talking baseball. It was a good time.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Did you have the clam chowder??? Did you go to the Dugout Bar before the game?

When I went to Fenway in 1995 & 1996, the fans were very nice to me as well. I was decked out in Astros gear....to see the Red Sox play Detroit!:D

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

RMTex -- I did have some clam chowder at a pub near the hotel I stayed at downtown. It was good. I prefer spicy seafood gumbo or crawfish bisque. What can I say? I'm a southerner!

Did not go to the Dugout Bar...I arrived at the park at 5 and walked right in.

Yeah...the guys sitting next to me asked, "now who was it we got from you guys for Bagwell?" :) Larry freaking Anderson, fellas!

What was funny was how EVERYONE...no matter how educated or uneducated...talked with that Boston accent! Hilarious. The Cahdinals were in town the night before...Fenway Pahk was amazing! I really enjoyed that. The guys I sat next to said, "you're a 4th generation Houstonian? You don't have an accent." I said, "yeah, but you guys do!" :)

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

my bike has been stolen once, and my girlfriends about 2 times, we live in cities where there are alot of bikes stolen because you need a bike here to get to places and since we are students we do not have a car and need those bikes.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Had my bike stolen once. I locked it to a sign because I was sick of lugging it upstairs. When I got there in the morning, all that was left was a chemical stain on the concrete.

It drove me nuts. I spent probably a good year checking out bikes to see if one was mine.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

In Amsterdam, I remember kids telling me that the coolest thing to do was to throw bikes in the river. That's probably the only thing I remember about Amsterdam.