1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever have NHL Center Ice?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by slcrocket, Jul 16, 2009.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

With the new NHL schedule just coming out, I'm considering purchasing Center Ice but I've never done so before. I've had League Pass and I'm wondering if it works the same way...with League Pass, I could watch virtually every Rockets game (since I don't live in Houston, blackouts would never apply). I now live in Seattle so there shouldn't be any blackout issues with anything, but would I get to watch all my favorite team's games (Calgary), or just a certain number of games a week that are chosen?

I have Comcast (arggh), and it looks like they offer it, though they don't currently show any pricing. Anyone know what the pricing has been in the past?

Brooksball? 3814? Trying to think of other hockey fans on this site...:)

Thanks!

2. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I've never used it, because I live in the blackout area for my favorite team (Canucks) - but I believe it costs around $150 and shows ALL GAMES. Pretty good deal if you don't get to see your favorite team otherwise ($2/game).

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Sweet! I can't spend that kind of money on the NFL (I'm a Colts fan, so half the games are televised anyways) because it's only 16 games. I've had League Pass a few times and, while it's worth the money, I can't afford to do both League Pass and Center Ice (who has that kind of time???). Let's face it, the Rockets will be less than enthralling this season, so I may give Center Ice a go.

Thanks!

4. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Just make sure to read the fine print on what games they show...pretty sure it's all of them though.