1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else worried about Foster's carries?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

NFL head coaches run their running backs into the ground. I think it's bull headed stupid, but it's always been this way and always will be this way.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The shelf life of running backs is short. Typically they don't even make it to 30. Arian is 28, has 2 years left on his deal, and is a cost-savings cut as of next year (to the tune of 4 million). It's stupid to *not* run him into the ground.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This thread happened a few years ago (I think I started it maybe?) and I pointed out how no player who had as many carriers as Foster did that season had ever come back the next season and been as effective. Most had injury issues.

The same will hold true if Foster continues at this pace.

That time some of the same people said they weren't worried about it.

This time I'm one of the ones not worried because I don't expect him back next year anyway.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But look at how many RB's typically go down with non-overuse injuries? Just yesterday, you had Moreno with an elbow injury on a routine carry... Jamal Charles with an ankle injury... Lacy looked mediocre coming off the concussion.

Thus, if a guy is "healthy" and can carry the load, you're going to want to get as much out of him while you can.

I also don't feel Arian takes a ton of huge hits or is asked to "pound it" as much as his carries may suggest, so that alone should save him some wear/tear.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He already got used up by Kubiak; anything you get out of him now is a bonus.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not worried one bit. Use him. His use will expire. Get another RB. Rinse and repeat. There's no one worth babying at the RB position anymore unless you're in the Super Bowl hunt and you have a Peterson or Lynch.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

At the moment no. I believe coach is doing exactly what he said, using Foster the way the he has to in order to win. There will be games were pounding the ball isn't what will be needed to win. In those games Foster will have less carries, with possibly more receptions. But one thing that is for sure through two games, this team's offense is built around him. And he's stepping and up in a major way.

8. houactuar

houactuar Member

Would you rather have Ben Tate? LOL

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

I thought Peterson was in the get out of jail hunt.

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

When did I say anything about Ben Tate..? I swear..

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My only concern is that we need to keep making sure that blue gets some carries. Foster is possibly gone after this year and we need to have blue ready, or know he isn't the guy.

12. houactuar

houactuar Member

Jamaal Charles?

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

Foster is not looking broke down. Yet. Go Texans.

1 person likes this.
  14. houactuar

houactuar Member

Love ya Blue. Ha ha. Stashed on my fantasy team.

15. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Yes, I'm worried. Our RB2 situation is shaky (you're my boy Blue?) and our running game has looked bad when anybody not named Foster has touched the ball. Let us all pray for healthy hamstrings!

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Not at all, we BoB is bringing along Blue in case something happens.

And also Foster gets better the more carries he has so we have no choice really

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Give Prosch some carries on like 2nd and short

18. houactuar

houactuar Member

What, me worry?

Are you worried jj watt is catching td passes?

Lol

Have fun. Why worry. Great game.

19. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arian Foster on fellow RB's Rice &amp; Peterson:

&quot;I might have a shot at the Rushing title if they could find something on LeSean McCoy&quot;</p>&mdash; Fake John McClain (@FakeJohnMcClain) <a href="https://twitter.com/FakeJohnMcClain/status/510809726419226624">September 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O’Brien says moving forward they might spread the ball around more than they have in 1st 2 games. Foster has 55 carries in 2 games.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPalmerCSN/status/511598631284396032">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The back up running back will be determined by the situation. Sometimes Grimes, Blue or even Ronnie Brown.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JPalmerCSN/status/511598960788914180">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>