1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else using a VPN to watch NBA league pass?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emoreland, Oct 19, 2022.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Reeko and @Haymitch

Ok, I fixed my problem. It all works the same as last year for me. I'm paying US prices, though, so I have no info on the India trick.

1. I have to pay with paypal to hide my credit card Houston zip code; otherwise, nba.com will always treat me as Houston resident, VPN or not.

Once I pay with paypal, here's the game-by-game procedure (same as last year)

2. Delete browser data for nba.com (ie site-specific deletion)
    3. Turn on VPN
    4. Login to NBA.com (this will set a cookie for your VPN geolocation)
    5. Go to Rockets game to Watch, but right before clicking Watch, turn off your VPN. This is needed because the video player checks to see if you are using a VPN.

Salvy likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The way I do it is kind of similar.

My India LP auto-renewed even with my CC. So maybe I got lucky there, I don't know. But, using my phone, I:

1. Turn on my India VPN (using ProtonVPN).
    2. Turn on GPS spoofing app (using Fake GPS). Set location to Seattle.*
    3. Open NBA app. Click on game I want to watch.
    4. Turn off VPN.
    5. Click "Watch" to begin streaming the game.
    6. Cast it to my TV.

That has worked for me perfectly this season. But it is different from how I watched games in prior seasons.

*This step might be totally unnecessary, but if the app uses my geolocation then my thinking was that this would prevent Rockets games from being blacked out for me.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@rimbaud

Didn’t you ask about casting to a TV, last year. Haymitch is successfully doing that with his phone