1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else using a VPN to watch NBA league pass?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by emoreland, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Try this. When I was using my brother in law's league pass, I had to use this on the appletv since it doesn't have VPN. Otherwise rocket's would be blacked on the league pass.

Pick a DNS from dallas or something...
    https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

emoreland likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

By your description of devices, it will work for you, albeit a little more frisky, than desktop

I am able to mirror league pass on iPad to Apple TV, full screen, using the workaround I typed up. What I can’t get to work is tricking the actual LP App on my AppleTV. So I have to do iPad to Apple TV

makes sense?

fwiw: my MacBook will screen share to my Apple TV, too

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok so you have the VPN and LP apps on your iPad, do your workaround, then screen mirror to Apple TV? It never gives you error messages or whatever?

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Anybody know anything about IPTV?

5. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Hey there! Yes sir I still ship anywhere you’d like. I’ll send you a message.

IBTL likes this.
  6. sulicon

sulicon Member

Sorry for bumping this thread. I am searching for a way to watch NBL league from my country. Wich VPN you can recommend that you know it's working. I don't want to spend money on a useless one.

7. Buck Turgidson

NBA games?

What country?

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

First post ever on a 9 year old account, wants a VPN for the Australian Basketball League

Thats just fun.

https://nbl.com.au/news/how-to-watch-nbl24

So M plus if you can get it, if not use a VPN and watch on youtube if you're still in Taiwan as listed on your profile. Also hows Dwight been?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on @AroundTheWorld time to pay it forward !!!!

:)

DD

10. sulicon

sulicon Member

Taiwan
    What's wrong with asking for a reliable VPN even if I am not an active member of the forum? Thank you for your advice, but you should be more respectful.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I download them illegally

12. TDRocketsFan

TDRocketsFan Member

Even a free one should work if you don't want to spend money on it. Alternatively, you can use a residential proxy. I got one address for 1.5$ and set it up easily in my Mozilla browser. Now, when I want to watch NBA games, I just open casts from that browser. Just be sure you get a US proxy. It's a cheap, working and easy method.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, and I haven't been disrespectful... yet

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Having some issues this year.

So the last 3 years I've been using ProtonVPN and LP India. But it's not working for me now.

ProtonVPN has like 20 servers in India, but no matter which one I use, when I log into LP and try to watch a game, I get an error message saying that I'm not on my home country. Everything seems fine until I click Play on the game video.

So I thought, well maybe there is something wrong with ProtonVPN. So I got an ExpressVPN subscription because I know people use that one. But still, the same issue. ExpressVPN has 2 India servers, one through Singapore and the other through London. Neither worked.

Is anyone else with a similar setup having this issue? I'm using BleachBit and wiping the computer thoroughly, even moreso than CCleaner does. I tried on Chrome, Edge, and Brave. Same issue. So I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong.

@heypartner @Reeko and everyone else who uses a VPN for LP

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I use LP on the NBA app and then cast it to the TV…it works if I don’t have the VPN on while choosing a game to watch

so yesterday, hitting watch for the SA-OKC game with VPN on gave me an error…hitting watch with the VPN off, and I had no issues

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you somehow spoofing your location on your phone? (Assuming you're accessing the app with your phone). Because the app is making me turn on location services if I try to watch a game. Doing so will show I'm in Houston, regardless of my VPN. How are you getting around that?

Edit

NVM. I apparently didn't read your post all the way. For some reason, turning off the VPN, and making it obvious that I'm in Houston, makes the app work. Who knows if this will continue but I'm glad it's working for now.

#36 Haymitch, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did u have any issues watching the Rockets last season with LP?

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

At the beginning of the year I did. But then I found that following these steps made it work on my laptop:

Clear all history/cache/etc from browser
    Turn on VPN for India
    Start the game
    Once the game starts playing, turn off the VPN

That worked perfectly fine all season and in the playoffs, but didn't work when I tried it this season (yesterday and today).

But the method you described worked for me. I tested it out by playing the OKC/SAS game from last night just now, and casting it to my TV.

I worry that the app might blackout Rockets games if it detects that I'm in Houston, but maybe it won't. I just now download a mock GPS location app and set my location to Seattle in case I have to go that route. I guess I'll find out in a few hours if the app will stream a Rockets game knowing my Houston location or if I have to change it to somewhere else.

Reeko likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Reeko and @Haymitch

[edit]
    nevermind, I think I figured something out. We try later this week and report back.

#39 heypartner, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I tried purchasing a Turkish league pass so I could get it for 18 bucks, but NBA.com required the credit card to be registered in Turkey for the purchase.

Just bought it full price American. Luckily am out of the blackout area now so the VPN isn't necessary to watch.