1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else shocked at how good Ariza has gotten?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Oct 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Ariza must be telling Kobe: "Sorry, I'm with the new Kobe now" (referring to Harden).

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Pleasantly surprised. I thought he would have a good game. His shooting was better than expected.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm not surprised how well he's played because I watched him last season.

I am surprised how much he improved between leaving the Rockets and last season. He was one of my least favorite Rockets of all time his first time around and now he's brilliant in the role they've brought him in for.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

He's going to help this team big time in the playoffs with his defense, 3pt shooting and experience.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Ariza is now fully a consummate professional. He's easily top 5 SF in this league at the moment.

6. GetOffMyWagon

GetOffMyWagon Member

Ariza

Reggie last night was making it sound like Parsons was averaging 25 per game with us, Ariza is an upgrade on and off the court, if for nothing else but his D.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ariza is our new Battier, except maybe better. Morey does it again.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ariza also had good body language and was leading the team vocally last night. You could see him pulling guys aside and being a leader.

I agree with those who said they couldn't stand Ariza's 1st stint with the Rockets, but I really like having him & Papanikolaou at the SF spot.

9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Chandler who?

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no, i thought he was harshly criticized when he was first here, he had a decent season with decent numbers

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

All I know is that I felt this huge sense of relief seeing Ariza out there guarding Kobe, and knowing he will always be out there guarding the opposing team's SF or SG (depending on which one is the more dangerous). Having him casually drain 3's is like a beautifully-whipped icing on the cake.

12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Still remember he drained 10 out of 14 3s playing against the Rockets in February in DC, almost single-handedly staged WAS's comeback at 3rd quarter.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The first time Ariza was here he was "supposed" to be a key piece to go with Yao and McGrady, but neither was healthy and he was thrust into a primary scorer role that he was not good at. Now he is back and actually able to fill the role he excels at with Harden and Howard.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

That game was in Houston. I was sitting in the 4th row behind the Wizards bench. Harden drew Ariza's 6th foul with under 5 seconds to go and won the game at the line.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If he continue to shoot at anywhere near that rate... he's a perfect fit for the Rocket system with 2 superstars. Just don't try to pass too much in traffic :)

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden was, let's saaay, crafty in drawing that foul ;)

He penetrated and made a layup to win it.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Epitome of 3 and D.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I never understood the reason that the media pundits decided the Rockets were going to be worse off.

They absolutely upgraded at the three spot. On nights when Chandler was ineffective offensively, he literally provided next to nothing for us.

Ariza will actually be able to slow down Nic Batum in the playoffs. He will actually be able to hit threes consistently in an offense that was basically made for his skill set.

7th or 8th seed Charles? Come on.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Parsons is offended that people didn't know just what a switcheroo Daryl has pulled off.

Ok now for many posters here, Stop ragging on Jason Terry.(crickets......)

As stated he will be a fan favorite by the end of November. Ice water veins, smart head, see's the court, and oh yeah !....he's HEALED from a bad injury.

Experience winning championships and playoff games over "potential" every time in the NBA. What seems great is as Jason loses a little gas, ( mis-season?) Cannan will be getting acclimated just fine. Good problem !

Hey when did our coach get so smart ?...lol........................

Go Rockets ! Tonight we get a Garcia sighting...which will be both funny and a little strange.

And Mr Black availed himself better then I expected. Not super but serviceable, and that's what we need right now.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Barkley may need yet another set of glasses. :cool: