1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else shocked at how good Ariza has gotten?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Oct 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kemah

kemah Member

I expected a better play from the 3 with Ariza there but even he has surprised me with the level he is at. As far as I care he is right now untradeable. And the best part is he is making it look easy.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's just playing now...no thinking, just running on reflexes. You can tell he's put it all together, mentally and physically. On both sides of the court, too.

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Totally agree with you. I saw he was good last year but to come on this team and play like this is amazing.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

We lost Asik... But that's minimal with DMo
    We lost Parson.. But that's minimal with Ariza
    We won by getting rid of Lin, not worried about replacement

Geee.. Im treating player like DM does, just pieces:grin:

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Ariza is the perfect complimentary role-player for Harden and Howard.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1. Asik didn't play that much and when he played he was not happy anyway. Dmo Stepping up plus combined rebounding, defense, and scoring should equal asiks already reduced impact last year

2. Harden and parsons not having a backup was an issue which caused Lin to play SG when harden sat or when parsons sat and harden had to play some sf.

3. Ariza now has papa as a solid backup who can also do some playmaking

4. And Daniels emergence and Terry's arrival plus combination of Canaan and smith should equal lins production when he plays either as pg or sg

5. Overall better defense, fit, balance, and chemistry all around

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Players typically get better

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This season is going to be a rude awakening for a lot of people around here.

9. AFS

AFS Member

We got a good look at what the team looks like without Asik last season. We'll really miss Asik during playoffs, but we'll still be good enough without him to win a lot of games during the season.

10. bmd

bmd Member

What are you predicting this year?

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

And it wasn't a rude awakening when he could barely suit up last season? I understand that people making light of losing a great center like Asik irks you, but you are conveniently ignoring some crucial truths in your argument.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

DMO a good replacement for Asik..?

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He meant you're in for a rude awakening if you think DMO will be very productive. I'm optimistic for this season, but not for DMO

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Well, we'll see. Consistency is the hardest thing for a young big man in this league. I hope he's decided that he's capable of that.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

He can catch and shoot ,post/more time to play/big enough /willing to be a bench role player

A mix of Things Asik can not or not willing to do

16. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

^^This. I'm seeing a lot of similarities with Ariza of '09 and Parsons of 2014. The way Red Nation felt about Ariza in 09 will be how Mavs fans feel about Parsons this season.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's the SF Houston deserves, AND the one it needs right now. So we'll play him big minutes and he will deliver. Because he can hit the three and play the D better than Chandler P. He's not our third superstar. He's a silent veteran, a super role player.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He plays so relaxed. I'm sure he prefers playing with Harden and Howard than John Wall and Nene.

19. bongman

bongman Member

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

In that poll thread I predicted 45 wins. I think Phoenix and New Orleans are going to make the West even tougher this year. I'm hoping that our young guys step up and make real contributions, but we will see.