1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else like Temple?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AhmedZakaria, Jun 4, 2010.

1. AhmedZakaria

AhmedZakaria Member

Remember Temple anyone? I hope so it was just earlier this season he was rolling with us. Put in 4 solid years at LSU (Record for most games played) and was doing a decent job considering his NBA exp. with the team. He was what 6-6 with PG skills (well a fair amount) and he wasnt too bad of a defender either (especially on ball). His jumpshot wasn't consistent but it looked like it had upside.

So my question is, should we have kept him? As soon as we let him go Spurs picked him up. He didnt get PT with them but, it makes a point that he did hold value. And for a team like Rox where injuries plague us, why did we let go a guy whose known for his resilience? At times we've had Lowry, Yao, Martin, and a number of other guys hurt. He could've been a good reserve is nothing else.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Schlomo doesn't like Temple!

But he's a putz! Don't end up like your cousin Hiram, he's selling used cars in Peoria like a common peasant!

1 person likes this.
  3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No not really.

He had some PT here and didn't do much.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

spurs only picked him up because Parker was injured, so his value wasnt that much, it was more of a convenience pick up for them. Keeping him is a waste of space, we're not injury prone at the guard spot, well not anymore now that we got rid of tmac. You say "at times", but it's only been one time that we had those guys out. It was bad luck. Only Yao and martin have issues with injuries and Martin's wasnt that serious, he missed more games than needed since we lost the playoff spot.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He didn't play half bad while he was here. But what spot can he earn in the rotation? He had no role upon Lowry's return. 3rd string PG or backup SG? I don't see the need to bring him back.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

He would be helpful as a defender against taller guards such as Westbrook or Rondo. He's not a true point guard though. His only point guard duties was simply to dribble the ball up the court and then pass the ball to someone else. I remember him having trouble handling the ball one game against Marcus Banks of the Raptors.

7. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Down the road who do the Rox have their eye on, Temple or Llull?

8. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I liked the way he played, but the rox have no room for him... just a not, I think he went to the kings first. Then when we traded Landry the cut Temple to make room. Then thats when the spurs picked him up...

9. tomato

tomato Member

Bold statement, Raw Texas. Repped.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

He's a nice player, but having him with AB and Lowry plus Sergio Llull overseas is kind of redundant

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like Temple as a 3rd string PG but he will only be used if Brooks/Lowry get hurt. Still, I liked what I saw in limited playing time.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Temple is a nice as a 3rd string point guard. Good size, good defender and like all d league players that make it he hustles.

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I didn't understand the Temple cut. They cut him signed Conroy and cut him too for Alexander Johnson. Why would you sign a guy that has no chance to make the team next year. Temple was showing flashes and he has the potential to be a shut down defender.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If it means anything to any of you, I recall Pops had glowing words for him, said he loves Temple's work ethic. Seems to be the ideal Pops player, no frills no nonsense just gets after it type of player.

I liked what I saw when Temple was here, could be a Doc Rivers type of defensive minded PG.

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rockets were playing 10 day musical chairs. According to NBA rules you can only sign a FA to two 10 contracts then you have to sign him for the year. With Both Brooks and Lowry there won't be enough PT for a 3rd pg, Lowry himself doesn't get enough PT. Signing a guy for the year when he isn't gonna play is fiscally irresponsible.

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Temple is long enough to play both guard spots maybe a little bit of the 3 spot depending on match ups.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

hated it growing up...starting to appreciate it more as i'm getting older, especially during the high holidays.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Being 6-6 was Temple's best quality as a PG. Where is D. Strawberry? Until Llull gets here, I think he might be more useful. (No raspberries, please. ;) )

20. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Complete scrub.