1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else having cabin fever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 23, 2020.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I wish there were old episodes of Houston Wrestling to watch.

Edit... The Google is good

nickb492, Nook and fattz like this.
  2. AWIN

AWIN Member

Was just talking about this, we are middle/upper middle class shacked up in a newly remodeled 3,500 sq ft home in Spring Branch with no financial worries and the kids have been beaten twice this week alone for things they would typically be verbally reprimanded for. We take them out almost every day for bike rides and walks; I cannot imagine sheltering in the trap house we rented for over a year while the house was being remodeled...if the virus is not gonna get you domestic violence will; hope everyone stays calm and collected because the worst has yet to come.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Paul Boesch!

boomboom likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow, those names bring back some memories.

boomboom likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Nook

Nook Member

Well I just killed my neighbor and put his scalp on my front door to assert my dominance. His head is on a pike hanging off my chimney to serve as a warning to anyone that dares enter our property.

My wife and children have been remarkably obedient and agreeable after I served them Fruit Loops in the skulls of the neighbor kids.

I hope everyone else is well.

J/K

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Agree with everyone saying to get out of the house. We take a walk/bikeride during lunch every day. We call it PE for the kids.

It also helps that my wife and kids workstation is downstairs on the dining room table and mine is upstairs on the other side of the house....

I rearranged my work station so that I have my desk and monitors in front of me and then I can literally just spin my chair around and have my guitar and keyboard behind me. Trying to get my skills on both back up to where they were before I had kids....

I also take my dog on an extra long walk every night and que up some good music on my phone. Important to have time alone every day, especially during all this madness.

I love my wife and kids more than life itself.....but I live for about 10pm every night when they finally go to sleep and I can binge-watch GoT (currently on season 6, no spoilers please) and all of my WWII documentaries....

malakas and Nook like this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ chill the **** out

Richie_Rich and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Meanwhile, I think Haymitch just broke one of the 10 commandments. ;) Everything is going to hell.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Tf is this? You can still go to your backyard for walks and bike rides. It'll just be abbreviated.

#31 Juxtaposed Jolt, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Anybody have a Clutchfans Minecraft Realm?

13. Buck Turgidson

Richie_Rich and RKREBORN like this.
  14. bobrek

My friends are apparently three weeks behind on posting Facebook memes.

15. Buck Turgidson

Only 3 for facebookers? Not bad.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I just got a text reading "I am an unmarried beatiful girl, looking for a one night stand. Come and try me."

Should I ask her if she's got the cabin fever?

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. bobrek

One of my go to meme guys has self isolated from Facebook. I blame him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. bobrek

Must have been turned down from FFB.

boomboom likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/how-to-survive-selfisolation-according-to-astronauts/

Across the globe, cities and even entire countries are on lockdown as governments desperately try to flatten the curve of the SARS-CoV-2 outbreak. For some, self-isolation is an opportunity to take a step back, wear those joggers for the third day in a row, and re-watch Breaking Bad. Social butterflies, on the other hand, fare less well confined to their bedrooms, and while celebrities in mansions continue to broadcast that “we’re all in this together”, it can feel like a rough deal when you’re holed up in a dilapidated and cramped six-person houseshare.

In these distressing times, it’s good to look to the professionals for advice on how to survive quarantine with your sanity intact, and who knows more about passing the time during isolation than astronauts?

In an opinion piece for the New York Times, NASA astronaut Scott Kelly recently wrote, “When I lived on the International Space Station (ISS) for nearly a year, it wasn’t easy. When I went to sleep, I was at work. When I woke up, I was still at work. Flying in space is probably the only job you absolutely cannot quit.”

His 12-month stint on the ISS from 2015 to 2016 taught Kelly some skills that he believes lend themselves well to surviving the isolating impact of a pandemic. When working from home, it’s easy to feel like others are questioning if you’re really working or just making the most of Friends reruns, so it can be easy to slip into the trap of working late or through lunches to prove your commitment. Kelly recommends making and keeping to a schedule to establish structure and avoid overworking. “Take time for fun activities: I met up with crewmates for movie nights, complete with snacks, and binge-watched all of “Game of Thrones” – twice.”

He goes on to highlight the importance of structure with sleep too, as well as taking time to get outside and keep your daily nature quota up. Now obviously Kelly and his crewmates couldn’t just pop outside and appreciate a cloud, so instead they turned to recordings of birds, rainy weather, or trees moving in the breeze.

Kelly also recommends pastimes such as reading, playing an instrument, honing a new skill (we love this football/glazier fusion), penning a diary, and keeping in touch with friends and family via video calls.

Canadian astronaut and ISS commander Chris Hadfield is famous for his space station pastimes, with his cover of David Bowie’s Space Oddity having been viewed over 45 million times. It’s the OG Isolation TikTok.

Hadfield has stepped up to the camera again, this time to give advice from the safety of terra firma on how to stay productive during self-isolation. He provides four key considerations that guided him on the ISS: know the risk, assess your goals, understand your constraints, and take action (video above).

However, if you’re finding yourself a little nauseated from all the social posts casting quarantine as an opportunity for growth and reflection, you might prefer Buzz Aldrin’s school of thinking who, in an interview for Ars Technica, said he was keeping safe by “Lying on my ass and locking the door.”

We’re right there with you, Buzz.

malakas likes this.
  20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This has to be the greatest lineup for any wrestling show. I would kill to have been at that front row.