1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else happy for Lowry and Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lowry would have made this team significantly better. Lin isn't even in the same breath. Kyle has excelled in all aspects on the court. It would be amazing if Lin could be half of what Kyle is for the Raptors for us. I know he got us Harden, but damn, we have a problem at 2 positions now. I wonder what Morey will do to upgrade. Patrick could become similar to Kyle, but he's nowhere near just yet.

2. Stats

Stats Member

Lowry is probably a better fit than Lin for this team. He's a more complete player. Disagree Patrick could become similar to Kyle. Don't think the offensive talent is even close there.

Dragic I feel is on similar level as Lin. He's playing in a system that's similar to D'Antoni's in NY, where PGs dominate the ball. So you can literally argue the same thing as Lin (system, not the player). Ball is 50/50 between Bledsoe and Dragic, with Bledsoe injured for like half the season. Ball in Houston is like 30% Harden, 20% DH postups, 20% Lin, and 30% wtf Parsons/Casspi/Bev.

Lin for Lowry! But not sure about locker room issues. Lowry probably wouldn't be OK with McHale.

3. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

When Lowry was a Rocket, he wasn't nearly as amazing as he is now. Lowry this year is shooting much better from 3, has a much higher assist / TO ratio.

4. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

both of those guys wanted to be here for the right price... or the right reason...

just like Lin was told this would be the right team for him because you guys did PnRs... now he is mostly relegated to hugging that 3 point line...

yet folks like you have no problem comparing him to past players you were not willing to pay, give player options too... or give minutes to play....

bottom line I remember the Rox losing both Lowry and Dragic with in a day of each other and laughing about it when Lin was still a Knick

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Salty much? lol.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Lin - plays off ball takes one for the team, gets compared past players who get to be real PGs on their teams

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If you don't learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Not at all. I'm not a fan of former Rockets.

9. ff1e08

ff1e08 Member

was really sad to see Lowry go, he was our best PG in 10 years. And for Lin, he might not be as productive as Lowry or Dragic, he bring Les a lot more on marketing and publicity, they wouldn't mind to pay him 25 million.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dragic played pretty well for mchale. I think he was averaging 18-8.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Nobody should be upset that we traded Lowry. We needed that lottery pick to land Harden.

Dragic is a different story. On one hand it's hard to blame Morey because the strategy was clear -- we needed a clear cut star. But then to go out and spend that money on Lin...man.

I think they severely underrated Dragic's talent and potential. The guy is nearly as consistent as they come, and while I don't think he's going to be a perennial all-star, I can't think of anyone who would be a better third scorer and outside shooting option for this team.

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

If there's any consolation, Gogi was shooting the same from 3pt as Lin is when he was with us.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why are you so butthurt when people are saying Dragic and Lowry are better than Lin. it's funny because you can't dispute it in anyway, so you resort the whole "McHale screwed Lin" over nonsense lol

stay delusional

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because I praise the TWO PLAYERS WHO ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD, DOES NOT MEAN I A NEGATIVE TO A PLAYER NOT MENTIONED IN THE SUBJECT.

Plus you don't know anything about these players when they played for the Rockets, you weren't a Rockets fan, so why would feel anything for these former players?

15. ch44

ch44 Member

We also went from Kevin Martin and Samuel Dalembert to James Harden and Dwight Howard.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

You should have stated this thread "For rockets fans who have actually seen these guys play for the rockets only"

I believe that is the audience you want

we're getting some posts from people who never saw them play or were not Rockets fans during their tenure

1 person likes this.
  17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

no I dislike that...so called basketball fans... who can pick apart a player for playing out of position... and constantly among trade talks, and pulled yo-yoed in and out of lineups...

dislike that many opposing guards get to run Lin/Rox Guards through multiple screens

but on offence Lin has to bring the ball up and run to the corner in most games...

I get it Lin is the 4th to 6th option on this team he is deferring to better players on this team....

but most talk as if Lin has free reign to do what he wants on offence...like he is playing like the other PGs out there

18. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

no one who wasnt a Rox fan after Tmac and Yao left...

watched your games.... lol

however

the rest of the league knew you were dumping players and contracts to get Howard... or go lottery until 2015... that was plain to see

well I think the people who did not see it or didnt know that are hardcore Rox fans...

LOL

19. tinman

Supporting Member

hmm, hints that you are't a real Rockets fan

If you don't know anything about the topic you shouldn't post, but that would stop you from posting on anything about the Rockets

20. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Both players are playing well and it's a product of a different coaching philosophy on using PGs. Lowry and Dragic are both allowed to have the ball in their hands so long as they are able to generate more ball movement and easy shots for their teammates. I don't think either could fit with McHale's philosophy which doesn't place a high value on a PG controlled offense. Lin is far more adaptable and has been more successful in Houston than either of those two were (Lin helped the Rockets make the playoffs last year and this year the team would have a worse w/l record if he hadn't stepped up as well as he has when called upon). If Lin were playing under those systems I think it's fair to say that he would have comparable results.