1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else happy for Lowry and Dragic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jan 30, 2014.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm happy because they prove that the Rockets management is stupid.

1 person likes this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yes but look at Lowry's usage rate. He has a lower usage rate than even Lin.

Lin also has a higher possession per minute than Harden.

You are also making the assumption that Lowry is an ineffective player when the ball is not in his hands, which is not true at all.

Lowry averages 5 points per game off catch and shoot. His catch and shoot 3PT% is 48%, and his catch and shoot FG% is 48.3%. His eFG% for his catch and shoot is at an incredible 71.4%, by far the highest on the Toronto Raptors.

Lin on the other hand averages 3 points per game on catch and shoot. Shooting a respectable 39 PT% and 42 FG%. Overall his eFG% on catch and shoot is at 59.

Basically, what would happen if Lowry is on the Rockets is he would be able to spend much more of his energy on rebounding, defending and spot up shooting. Those are part of his game that he excelled in when he played for the Rockets.

Lowry and Lin are completely different players.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

neither one plays d as well as Bev and does anyone really seriously think Lin couldn't average 19 and 7 or 16 and 8 as the primary and starting ball handler on bad teams? cmon now.

Be glad we dont have lowry/dragic on this team right now or does anyone not remember the complete clusterf*** that was Dragic and Lowry's last year?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It only became bad when Lowrey came back from injury and wasn't himself.

5. Neped

Neped Member

Lin would be having an incredible season too if he played for the suns. Wish he could of gone there. He would be the only one playing point guard.

1 person likes this.
  6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Neither Lowry or Dragic are on bad teams. So....

I guess there goes that.

7. Neped

Neped Member

That is it. They have incredible numbers because of the system. Let's hope Lin has the same great numbers when he goes to his new team. :p

8. Beard

Beard Member

Ever heard of Eric Bledsoe?

9. neostars

neostars Member

This. Guarantee Lin would be able produce these type of numbers if on a team with less stars.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's good for the game to see them playing well, but I don't have any emotions towards them.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

I agree. Lowry can play off the ball way better than Lin can, and probably ever will. He was doing it in Houston playing with Dragic, and Brooks.

I do believe his current all star play would no be sustainable in the Houston system with Harden though. He would probably be a ~5 assist, 40% FG guy, like he was with Rudy Gay.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Huge fan of Dragic, always loved his game, wish we coulda kept him. I couldn't care less about Lowry. I've always hated his style and attitude. He'll implode soon

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.

Hardworking dudes.

Dragic - worked hard for the rockets, gets rewarded by being replaced
    Lowry - lost his job cause he had a bacterial infection that knocked him out for months

14. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Of course, I root for all ex rockets players to succeed unless they are playing against the rockets. It was cool to see battier play a big part of the heats championships.

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

sorry for double post guys but I need to respond to this. I've met lowry! He was chilling at my dads lawfirm because his lawyer and real estate agent work there. He's such a nice dude. He has no attitude at all.

He's also a great player btw. Don't hate or disrespect him for no reason.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Both Lowry and Dragic played great for the Rockets when they were here.

Yeah, happy for them although it sucks for us. I hope Morey learns from this--leadership is intangible, cannot be seen from stats.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Jesus...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

No

They don't play for the rockets anymore

19. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

its good i think these ex Rockets were very good players and no one said Lin was better or worse, it just happens. im just sad other pgs hated McHale so much they wanted to leave. Plus now omer, how many players do you see that keep wanting to leave because they hate their coach
    I think Lin is the same, he gets put on a lease and marginalized in his role. I dont care is everyone is playing team ball and winning but some players on the team only care about their stats and scoring on the offensive end. If a coach is going to put a leash on the pgs he should put it on engine else as well. That's just my 2s.

1 person likes this.
  20. archinkent

archinkent Member

They are the only reason why I occasionally tune in to a Raptors/Suns game. Dragic is in a better position though since Raptors to me are in a mess and can't be taken seriously.