1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else a huge Mike J. Fox fan?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Yup, this is another stupid post, but the last episode of "Spin City" was just rerun on WB, (the one where Mike say's goodbye).

Very classily done. I have to admit, growing up on Family Ties, and BTF, I loved this guy. I have never met him, so I couldn't comment on him in real life, but I always loved just about every character he played.

We're talking about a 31 yr old grown man tearing up during a sitcom. (and yes, it was embarassing.)

But I really liked this guy. He was (at least on TV, and in movies) a great guy.

I'm really going to miss him.

(And Phil Hartman's death, along with the last episode of "Cheer's" (the Bob Costas part at the beginning.. not the actual show) are the only things on TV that have made me tear up)

Movies? Only "Braveheart" and "Titanic" (and I know I'm going to get shelled for Titanic, but I'm being honest)

It's really, REALLY hard to get me to drop a tear, but I've just let y'all know about all of my woosified moments. If anyone likes Michael J. Fox, and hasn't seen this episode, it is a Must See!

Anyway, does anyone remember seeing this show? It was truly touching. Especially knowing that it was probably the last time we'll see Mike acting.

Loved at the end how he brought up Alex P. Keaton. And His Family Ties Dad playing the psychiatrist.

Great show that jumped the shark when he left.

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I was thinking about posting a thread on this as well. I watched the episode of Spin City as well. It's the third or fourth time I've seen it, but it always touches me as well. Unquestionably one of the best episodes of any TV show I've ever seen. The only show I can think of that had that effect was the aforementioned News Radio episode right after Phil had died.

I've always liked Michael J. Fox's acting -- he seems to have always excelled at these parts where he was some guy "in charge" and going behind the scenes to get things done. Two fairly forgettable movies that come to mind are "Secret of My Success" and some other one that was basically the same but with a Hotel.

Anyhow, sad, sad episode. It's tragic that it had to end like this for him. He returns in a newer episode for a day and helps Charlie Crawford out in fixing some problem they have. It's a great episode, and MJF shows no ill effects from the Parkinsons.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Vengeance: Great meeting you. Glad you appreciated the episode.

BTW: I believe you are talking about "The Concierge" or "For Love or Money".

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I think Fox is actually 41 (will be 42 this year), Fatty.

I saw that episode last night but I was listening to a Jaco Pastorius CD at the same time...lol!

But it was sad, especially seeing Bostwick and Kind losing their composure.

I missed the whole reason why he had to leave, something about a gambling sting that involved the mayor?

And whatever happens with his character and Heather Locklear's?

I assumed that they were seeing each other and were going to date, but after he left, they ended things because of the long distance.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think Fatty was referring to his being 31, not Michael J. Fox.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Yeah. He was pretty good. How did Family Ties End? I forget. But I'm sure it was sad. Cheers was pretty sad too.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Family Ties ended with Alex leaving for Washington, D.C. In fact, I think there's a reference to an Alex in Washington D.C. in the last Spin City episode.

The other moving episode of Family Ties was in that final season...when the father had a heart attack, and his survival was in question.

8. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

He does a great Stuart Little Voice.:D

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Uhhhhh, Spin what? :D

[​IMG]

Fox is one of my favorites, I'm a huge BTTF fan. He made some great movies including the BTTF Trilogy, Teen Wolf, and the American President. He also had plenty of corny movies which I still loved. (The Secret of My Success, Greedy, Mars Attacks!, and Doc Hollywood) ;)

Spin City took a while to grow on me, now I love it. Family Ties was always great.

He is 41, will be 42 on June 9th.

It's sad about his condition, I really hope they find a cure.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Family Ties would be boycotted in this day and age.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

why do you say that??

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The parents probably would've made an anti-war comment...

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL, you are right...misread that.

Sorry Fatty.

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I saw that coming a mile away...

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Ah Titanic... Aside from the scene where the older couple is holding each other in bed waiting to die, which I found very touching, I thought the bodies flipping off guard rails was quite amusing. I know, I'm a sick sick b*stard. [​IMG]

16. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Yeah, but Alex P. would have been there to back the president up. ;)

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Titanic made you cry?

THe only thing that made me cry from Titanic was how long the damn movie was. Holy sh9t that movie was long. I remember back in highschool when it came out, it was my freshmen year, everybody loved it. I hated it. I hated everything about it. I hate Leo, I hate that one b****, I hate the captain, the damn old lady, her jewels, the damn boat. Everything about it

The boat sinks.

I actually borrowed the movie on dvd, and watched little segments of it.

Oh, and I like back to the future. No matter how many times it comes on the USA network, or TBS, i have to watch it. I don't ever get sick of it.

18. Fatty FatBastard

The reason I liked Titanic so much is because it so historically accurate.

I've been a Titanic buff since I was 7-8 years old.

I've always looked at the story as "You know there is a good chance you have less than two hours to live. How do you handle it?"

Some handled it like true gentlemen, other's asted like wooses. It has always been an amazing story, in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

19. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

My favorite scene from Titanic was definitely the cartwheel.

I cried in Titanic, Armageddon, and just about every sad movie.

20. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Ditto -- great meeting you as well. You're right on the movie title -- it was about him as a Concierge.