1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone can win a Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jun 13, 2019.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Well said we need a balance

2. smp

smp Member

Morey has been the GM for quite some time now. Maybe we don't have any midrange shooters because he avoids them on purpose. Either way, the fact that we have a one dimensional strategy is on him and the players he signs.

3. rockets13champs

This game 6 vs Dubs pisses me off even more. We didn’t take advantage of the KD injury. The rockets literally looked at each other and were afraid of the moment. Kawhi changed the mindset of a lot of the raptors guys. His calm demeanor showed Kyle Lowry, ibaka, siakam to never get too high or too low after tiny regular season accomplishments. Kawhi literally stayed focused and didn’t act like he accomplished anything till the buzzer rang. And we need to be the same. The Warriors are dawgs who play thru everything. Went to 5 straight finals and it took us that long to realize the golden state kids are a different breed. Kept fighting, they are a true champion. No matter who goes down they keep fighting harder, not complaining of one injury or another.

The Rockets need some dogs. Some bench guys who will fight thru every adversity and not take their foot off the gas regardless of what happens. I want to win a ring, but it will take laser focus from October, never getting high off a regular season, 1st round or WCF title. We need to act like everything is worthless until we hear that buzzer sound.

Morey get to work and bring in some dogs

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed that it’s on Morey...if people want a more balanced offense, then he needs to bring in the right combo of players to make that happen

Someone needs to tell me how far teams are going and how good their offense is with a bunch of guys who suck at midrange jacking up midrange shots. The main thing the Rockets can do right now with the personnel that they currently have is implement more ball movement with their 3’s and layups strategy because we do not have the players to be jacking up all these midrange shots. They could also try different looks like giving Harden a post up here and there we just 1 example. Try and use Harden in different ways other than always at the top of the key waiting for Capela to set a pick or going ISO on his man.

smp and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hey reeko, happy to engage with you. Ignore the YOLO guy...he’s a new poster much like the ones we get that’s desperate for attention here. His type usually needs friends and can’t handle the level of discussion that takes place here.

You are correct to an extent. The situation is a lot more complicated that an essential 3 > 2. Generally speaking players should go for the 3 over the 2. Aside from the reason that players can be set, find their spots and run plays it leads to a better shot overall. The overall % of a 3 is lower based on the physiological reasons I have cited you can find in any textbook or peer reviewed article . However, given the added points and chance to regress to the mean over a game with many possessions it’s the better shot. The only issue is that the variance, which once again stems from the physiological reasons I cited, you also have a higher variance. As the game gets closed to the end your possessions go down, and you Can’t really afford that variance, at least by itself.

Now to your point about low midrange % from players. Context is key, players that take more inefficient midrange shots take them heavily contested and off the dribble. Generally very few players can hit these at a high clip, as you stated which I agree with. So yea of course it’s going to skew the %s. Open shots off plays is a different animal. The idea that players that can shoot, shoot 3s, can’t shoot midrange is objectively and scientifically false. Do good 3pt shooters shoot FTs at a low %? No they’re all great FT shooters. A FT is an open midrange shot. Teams like the warriors, spurs etc have maximized this to supplement the 3. I hope I explained this properly. Explanations would be lost on @YOLO . I was in another thread and was wondering why so many posters were irritated, took him off ignore for a second and saw that this dumbass is completely incapable of having a decent conversation. I don’t think anybody save him thinks he’s a good poster. His type, like Bobby try to make a name and are usually booted. Don’t give the attention w**** attention

#65 LosPollosHermanos, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

far from new and actually well respected around here. can't really say the same about yourself. but thanks

"Do good 3pt shooters shoot FTs at a low %? No they’re all great FT "

Hi Bruce Bowen, Hi Shane Battier, Hi JR Smith, Hi Sasha Pavlovic. just to name a few.

#66 YOLO, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I can’t recall the last time I’ve ever heard someone saying they are well respected on an Internet forum, like a lot of self praise...We know how true it is. The last person to talk like that was @Bobbythegreat as we all know. Doesn’t surprise me.

“hEY gUYz I’m ReLY wEL liKeD”

Glad I didn’t put him back on ignore yet, that quote is gold. Maybe he’ll get the attention he craves so much.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

im glad too. my inbox speaks for itself. sorry your reps can't keep up. but its understandable why that's so

can't forget your infamous harden trade thread

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

“rEpS”

LOL keep it coming. @J.R. should enlighten you about the green peen haha. Maybe I’ll keep ya off ignore. I gave you a like on this post. Prolly made your day huh? The rep system doesn’t really exist anymore, it’s likes rook.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure will. you obviously never had me on there. you still rep me and respond to me before today. like i really care. you're also trying to rally guys as if they care for you. that's cute lmao

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The hilarious part here is how you just outed yourself about how much the like system means to you. You derive your worth from how hard you’re trying on here to get noticed. You know it, I know it It comes across sad to anybody that has been here since the green peen. The hilarious part is no matter how hard you try the majority of the people here don’t even know you are. Heck, till a month ago I didn’t until I realized some ******* was following me around. Notable members don’t reply to you for a reason breh

I’ll be sure to give you likes from now on, anything I can do to help. Sounds like you don’t have a lot going on otherwise..

13. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Wait; you can trade your lottery picks to get players not just to unload players? Who knew?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao all the notable members I care for who are the best posters on here always reply to me. surely you dont consider yourself one. you are far from it LOL. we engage in private messaging making fun of a bunch of people like you.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

to me, it’s all about personnel

EG has always been a layups and threes guy, it’s just that as the years have gone by, he’s been taking more and more threes in place of drives to the rim...not in place of midrange shots as that has never been, and never will be, his game

Tuck and Rivers have no business doing anything from midrange, Capela can’t shoot, House isn’t a midrange guy...the only guys that are are CP who takes plenty of them and Harden...the solution to solving some of these variance issues u mentioned is bringing in guys that can give us a more varied approach on offense, not having guys start doing things they can’t...that was 1 of the main ideas behind bringing in CP...he was a guy who could give us a legit option from midrange in a roster filled with threes and layups type players

with a free throw, u get up to 10 seconds to get your mind right, do your little routine, and it’s alway uncontested, that’s why a guy like Clint can shoot 64% on that shot...sure, guys that can hit threes aren’t totally incapable of hitting from midrange , the issue is whether or not they’re good enough to make the midrange a viable shot alternative for the team, and other than Harden and CP, the answer is a resounding no

CF is always talking about all these teams not abandoning the midrange, but when u look at it, it’s really that those teams will have 2 or sometimes even 3 dudes that are quite good at it taking the majority of the team’s midrange shots while everyone else is basically layups and threes...it’s on Morey to bring in guys that are actually good from midrange on a consistent basis in order to bring more diversity to the offense, but he doesn’t

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You made friends you PM with now?!? Dude you’re killing it man. Another like your way. I’ll send the likes your way , you need it. Kudos on some posters replying to you as well. That must mean a lot hahah

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. keep them coming. you're making my day

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I just want to announce that @YOLO engages in PMs with people on here. He also has likes and some people know who he is . I think more people deserve to know

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

awesome thanks. its hilrious how obsessed you are with me. I love it. anything to get more people to pay attention to you i guess. but happy to help

you know how you get true attention. post better.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Absolutely man, I think I’ll aid you on your quest to be a celebrity . Gonna start a thread in the feedback , more people deserve to know you and send you likes. And PM u sometimes. You have access to the feedback forum right? You should with how prominent you are. If the notification shows up goto the thread, don’t worry we’ll be making fun with you.