1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone attend Summer Sanitarium this weekend?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketabc, Aug 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

AWESOME show at Reliant Stadium. Every band (Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and of course, Metallica) rocked the house.

And Fred Durst DISSED Britney HARDCORE!

Went to the show, got the over-priced T-shirt...anyone else?

2. SLA

SLA Member

hahahah Britney Spears.

I missed Mudvayne and Deftones.......DARN TRAFFIC seriously.

But Linkin Park was awesome...the fans were crazy over Limp Bizkit....who was awesome too....nice firework stuff....and how many times did he say F**K? And it was cool that he ran around lol and stripped. And he said, "Who has to go to work tomorrow?" ON SUNDAY.....but everyone still cheered....drunk. Yeah...Limp Bizkit really knows how to show.....using other people's songs. Linkin Park's music is good quality....but they just play their songs and leave! The people down in the mosh pit were crazy......

Metallica....hmm.....well the music sounded nice I guess. Everyone was drunk...everyone went crazy over them. It looked cool from where I was...lol...

Where did you get the over-priced shirt? I wanted one! How much was it?

LOL...did anyone see that Mexican guy in like very tight jeans and a vest dancing on the floor? He was all doing the robot and breakdancing. But I think he fainted later...

Reliant Stadium is nice!

A lot of flashing! And beach balls and balloons and a couple successful waves around the entire stadium......

#2 SLA, Aug 4, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I went.....Mudvayne....they didnt impress me at all......Deftones were good...I didnt listen to them before, but they were pretty good live......Limp Biscuit knew how to work the crowd.....Metallica started out playing they old stuff and got the crowd hyped..then they started playing their new stuff and it wasnt as loud......$ for $30 for a shirt...bought 2.......My kid enjoyed and me being there with her was awesome by itself....Reliant Stadium is awesome!!!!cant wait for Football Season

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

BIZKIT BROKEN

LIMP BIZKIT stormed off stage at the weekend, after being pelted with plastic bottles, boos and chants of '**** off FRED DURST'.

Thirty minutes into the band's Summer Sanitarium show outside of Chicago on Saturday (July 26) at Hawthrone Racetrack, the singer retaliated with a storm of swearing before walking away from the volatile 40,000 fans.

According to Bob Gendron from the Chicago Tribune, the ill feeling towards the band had been building throughout the day. He told MTV: "From the very beginning of the show, there were people in the crowd with 'Fred Sucks' banners, and every time one of the other bands mentioned Limp Bizkit, (the audience) booed."

Durst was met with showers of bottles and other missiles as soon as he appeared onstage. After crouching down and trying to ignore the barrage, he started to call the crowd "****ing p*****s".

After their cover of George Michael's 'Faith' he left the stage, just six songs into what was supposed to be an hour-long set.

In other news, Durst has revealed that the long-awaited follow-up to 'Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog-Flavoured Water' is "done" and will now be released in September or October.

He said "There's eighteen songs, and I'd like to get them all on there," adding, "The saddest song is called 'Drown'. It's about realising it's getting close to the end. Things are getting crazy. It's my cry for someone to save me before I drown."

5. SLA

SLA Member

Yep...apparently he has some feud with a Chicago radio guy! But he was loved in Houston...he dissed the Cubs too. And he left without playing..great show here though. He sucks up a lot.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hmmm.

Hopefully it's autobiographical....

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I second that emotion.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Limp Bizkit sucks. The only reason I would go to the Summer Sanitarium show would be to go see Reliant Stadium. That is the real shining star of the group. Then maybe Deftones, and Linkin Park.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Metallica was amazing. They were worth every penny of that 90 dollar ticket and more.

They were the reason I went, and wow was I blown away. I already had them as my favorite band before the show, now after seeing how much ass they kicked live, they are up another notch in my list. I wanted to hear Fade to black, but that is nitpicking. One, nothing else matters, sanitarium, battery, master of puppets, blackened, harvester of sorrow, for whom the bell tolls, no remorse, creeping death, seek and destroy, fuel, sad but true, frantic, st anger, ecstasy of gold and my favorite, enter sandman to close down the show was the set list.

The pyros were awesome during fuel, and blackened, and no doubt about it, the place was full of metallica fans like myself. That's why you saw what you saw when they played SLA. The candles, the passion, the emotion, it wasn't all about being drunk, its how loyal their fans are and how great of musicians they are. Plus a lot of their songs just make you want to scream and go nuts and get angry, and that's also a plus.

As far as other bands go, Mudvayne had nice emotion but if I can't hear your lyrics at all, you don't rate well with me. Linkin park was the best band on the undercard, no doubt. They now could hold their own tour inviting bands to headline for them. I could hear the lyrics and background clearly and they played the crowd well. Limp Bizkit did not belong at this concert, they are more rap than metal, and if Fred does not stop singing Sanitarium, he should get shot. Stop kissing metallica's ass and make your own damn music Fred. Plus, how dare you make an inferior version of a classic song like that.

I went and got a cool metallica shirt during limp bizkit, the one with ONE on the back, and while I can stand durst and his band, I do think they were misplaced at this show. Linkin park should have come on 4th, right before metallica, though durst played the crowd well enough to warrant it I guess.

As far as the deftones go, I was stuck in parking traffic and missed them come on but I heard the frontman had trouble with his mic.

All in all, great show and Metallica cemented itself as my favorite band by far with Linkin park showing they deserve a bigger spotlight.

10. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i live in chicago, and the local radio station, Q101, held a "Fred Durst can suck our D*** weekend" last weekend.

he aint coming back to chicago for awhile im guessing.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yawn.

Freddie is just upset that Britney wouldn't give his punk ass the nookie. Damn whiny bizatch.

12. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

I caught the Dallas stop Sunday @ Texas Stadium...

Got luck in the it was overcast and looked like rain most of the day so it wasn't as hot as it could of been. But Texas Stadium being as it is, it was crazy humid!

A few thoughts from the floor..

Linkin Park....awsome set..just wasnt loud enough..especially the vocals..I could hear people's conversations around me better than the lyrics

Limp Bizkit...I dont really understand why people have such hard on's over dissin Fred....but their set rocked...wished he would of played Boiler and Rollin'...but the place went crazy during "break stuff", got plently of moshin on during that..Lars came on stage during Fred's rendition of "Sanitarium"..played the drums a bit and then hung out on stage for the rest of the song..

Metallica...took over an hour from the close of Limp Bizkit's set for Metallica to hit the stage..sup with that? Their set hit all the highlights...Master of Puppets, Harvestor of Sarrow, Blacken were especially good...at one point Lars and Kirk switched places with Lars playin guitar and Kirk mannin the drums for a lil jam out session...during last encore, Everyone teamed up on James and covered him with silly string/cake/whatever else as it was James' birthday, was fun to see...James had to clean up so he could finish "enter sandman"!

Overall a great show...one I will remember forever

13. SLA

SLA Member

Hmm.....I was like deaf after it ended! It was so loud! I couldn't hear anything! Well I could......but it was very very loud....you couldn't talk.

AND YEAH! It took like an hour for them to switch sets......God. I hated those intermissions....that's when people got bored and did all this fun stuff......

Good experience!

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

In Houston, we are going to have that too. It's called the Fred Durst can suck Scott Stapps D*** weekend" cause he sure isn't gonna touch my willy wonka.

He is banned from Houston because I live in Houston.

The End.

15. libertybellcdr

Linkin Park was the best band there. It wasn't until Metallica started playing their really old stuff that their show got good.